Monday, September 28, 2009

For Better, For Worse

"For Better, For Worse" is a book by Margret Bacon. It's one of the books I got from the library recently.

It tells the story of Felicity Crawly. A young girl who grows up during the second world war. Her brother dies when they are still young - and the war is still going on - and that causes her and her sisters to drift apart, since it was her brother (Arthur) who seemed to have kept them all close. Also, her parents had already drifted apart, but her mother was refusing to divorce her father. So - in the hopes of making things better for them all - Felicity decides to do all she can to get her mother to agree to divorce her father, so that he can find someone who loves him like he deserves to be loved.

It was a pretty good book. Not one of those great books where you just can't put it down, and you know you just "have to" own a copy. But still quite good. Better than "Paris Summer" for certain, but not nearly as good as "Wintersmith"... Still, quite a good book. :)

Tori

3 comments:

AliceKay said...

I'm glad you liked the book. I very rarely read books, but it's a good way to learn about things.

Deanna said...

It has been awhile since I've read a book that I just can't put down. I love to read!

Tori_z said...

AK:
I've always loved books. Curling up with a good book is - in my opinion - the best way to spend an evening. Especially if it's raining and/or stormy.

Deanna:
I've had one of those recently... The final book of Michelle Paver's Chronicles Of Ancient Darkness series. It's lucky I don't sleep much, because I was up most of the night finishing it.