Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas 2008 (LBE & FD)

I hope you are enjoying the holidays... However you are spending them! :)

For anyone who wants to know how I've been spending mine...

Monday:

We spent most of Monday making sure housework was up to date... This included laundry, dishes, changing of bedding, etc, etc.

I also started reading a book I'd got online called "Treasury Of Christmas Tales" which - as the name suggests - is a collection of Christmas stories. Stories which include "The Little Match Girl" a condensed version of "A Christmas Carol" and some I hadn't heard before (like "The Christmas Mouse" and "The Christmas Bear"). It also had the poem "'Twas The Night Before Christmas" in it, and the story of "The Nutcracker"... It's a fantastic book! Well worth the US$20 I paid for it! It's a really thick book though, so I've only just finished reading it.

Tuesday:

Mam came to do some baking (as mentioned in the "Christmas Goodies 2008" post). We didn't make some of the things we planned to though, because we ended up with less time than planned.

Also, my Grandma and Grandad showed up to spend Christmas and the New Year with my parents, Nan and Wayne. So they dropped Jayde (Grandma's little Yorkshire Terrier) off here, because she is staying with us since she can't stay up there because Jayde and Willow have never gotten on.

Wednesday (Christmas Eve):

Grandma and Grandad came over for at least half the afternoon. Grandma and I took the dogs out for a walk by the river when they first got here while Grandad stayed at our place with Kelly. Then we just chatted for a while before they left.

And in the evening we watched "The Hogfather"... Which I'm sure I posted about when I watched it before. If I didn't then, sorry... If you don't know about it then feel free to ask.

Thursday (Christmas Day):

"Santa" sneakily filled the stockings at some point while we were watching the movie. *Wink* So we had our presents early... Since it was just the two of us and the two dogs we figured we might as well... Since we were up.

Here's a picture of each of the dogs with their stockings. This was the best one we could get of Jayde since she wasn't willing to stay still long enough for a better photo. It was all we could do to get this shot.

We kept most of the dogs' presents aside for them to have when they are seporate again. We figure that way they'll get to enjoy their own presents in peace. Grandma has Jayde's stuff, and Kero's stuff is put away in a bag out of the way until Jayde goes home.

We did keep a couple of things out though.

This huge teddy is one of them. As you can see Kero absolutely LOVES his giant teddy! He also has another slightly smaller one that looks a bit like a lion in a football shirt with a ball under its arm. He likes that one too, but seems to like the one in the photo most.

We also kept a big rawhide bone each out. And, of course, Kero's new harness.

This is another present of Kero's that got kept out. This was a present from Eleri, Faye, Daisy and Mia. He doesn't seem as pleased with it as he is with his teddies and his rawhide bone, but it's a lovely sweater.

The presents of Kero's that got put away are: A squeaky penguin, a squeaky Christmasy ball, a Squeaky bone, a little teddy with a rawhide bone with it, three different tuggy toys (a rope toy with stars on it, a rope toy with chicken legs on it and a soft tuggy toy with a squeaker in it), a big rawhide candy cane, another big rawhide bone, and a load of smaller treats (some rawhide, some not).

As for my presents...

I had some brain teaser type puzzles, some plastic Star Wars models to build, LOADS of chocolates and sweets, a fairy cup with a twisty straw, a Christmasy mug with a tactile Santa on it, a new pair of headphones for my Ipod since I don't like to use the in-ear ones that came with it, some audio books and the two presents I'm about to show you.

The first one I want to show you is the little lion on my shoulder in this picture. Father Christmas may not have been able to come through with the lion but Carl and Rachel came through without even realising it. They got this little lion for me when they went on their safari honeymoon back in August. LOL!

They also got me an elephant bracelet. But I don't have a photo of that to show you.

And, last but not least...

Kelly got me these awesome Eeyore slippers. They're really warm on the toes, and I absolutely LOVE them!

Anyway...

Once the presents were over with we watched Kelly's new DVD... Volume one of the animated TV show from the 80s "Dungeons And Dragons"... Great show!

At some point in the morning we also watched "The Polar Express"... Another movie I'm sure I posted about when I watched it before.

After that it was time for dinner... Turkey, sage and onion stuffing, cranberry sauce, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, sprouts, carrots and gravy... Delicious! Kelly cooked it, and he made so much it took me all day to eat mine. Actually, I only finished the last of it last night some time. LOL!

In the evening Kelly read a couple of stories to me from a book we had sent to us for Christmas from a friend in Finland. I can't remember what the book is called... It's a really good book though! :)

Friday (Boxing Day):

Kelly and I spent the morning preparing nibbles for when Mam, Dad, Grandma, Grandad and Wayne arrived. We made cocktail sausages, mini cheese pizzas, cheese bites, chicken dippers, pickled onions, little squares of cheese, roasted peanuts, salted peanuts and cheesy Doritos. We also had a variety of pops for people to drink... Cola, lemonade, Cherry coke and dandelion and burdock.

Anyway...

Mam, Dad, Grandma, Grandad and Wayne came to exchange presents with us (the stuff from them is mentioned in the list of what I got) and to spend a couple of hours with us.

While they were here Grandma and Wayne took the dogs for a walk. I couldn't go because I'd had a bath just before they came and my hair was still damp, and with this cold still lingering I didn't think I should go out in the freezing cold weather with damp hair.

And in the evening Kelly and I worked on my big model of a Millenneum Falcom together. It took us most of the evening to put it together. It's a very detailed model... It even has little Hans Solo and Chewbakka figures sat in the seats of the cockpit. I've got a smaller version of it too, but I don't think it'll be quite as detailed.

Saturday (today):

We haven't done much. We did watch "Scrooged" today though. And we're watching "School Of Rock" right now. Other than that I've pretty much just been working on getting caught up on blog posts.

I think that covers everything... Enjoy the rest of your day! :)

Tori

10 comments:

AliceKay said...

It sure looks and sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas, Tori. It was nice to see that you even received your lion this year. :)

ChicagoLady said...

Sounds like you got a lot of wonderful presents or Christmas. Good thing you didn't get a real lion, or Kero would have been a snack!

Question...when you mentioned the pops to drink for Boxing Day, you listed Cola, lemonade, Cherry Coke, and dandelion and burdock. What is dandelion and burdock? Are they two separate drinks or just one?

Tori_z said...

Chicago:
Rachel told me when they got home from their honeymoon that the real lions wouldn't fit in her case... LOL!

Dandelion and burdock is one drink... I think the best way to describe it without looking for a proper description online or something is that it's a non-alcaholic drink that's simular to dandelion wine.

ChicagoLady said...

I should have known there would be an entry in Wikipedia for it, lol.

Link

The Wife O Riley said...

WOW! It sounds like you had a wonderful holiday!

Punkn said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday! And the lion - how special i s that!

My Side of the Story! said...

Sounds you like you had busy (but fun) Holidays!

Glad you got that Lion and I'm LOVIN' the Eeyore slippers!

Now we just have to get through New Years and we'll all be alright! LOL!

Later Tater.

Intense Guy said...

Awww, between eeyore, the lion on your shoulder, Kero and Jayde - I don't know which is the cutest picture!!

I hope you relax and put the feet up and just play with your gifts this week! I hope we get to see the Falcon when you get it all built!

LadyStyx said...

Looks like a great time! Katy is picky about her toys too. She wont play with anything but the sheep "wool" bone we bought her!

Tori_z said...

I wasn't far off with my Dandelion and Burdock description then... ;)

Iggy:
Will get Kelly to take photos for you... Might be a few days before they're sorted though.