Saturday, July 03, 2010

Council chatter

The guys came to sort out the aspestos in the roof. No scaffolding, but they did it anyway. They were total idiots though.

Kelly was walking me and Kero to the gate, so I didn't walk in to their equipment or anything, and we'd just gotten to the gate, and I was about to open it, when one of the guys said, "you aren't going around the back, are you?" Bearing in mind that going around the back would require us turning right at the end of the path that runs in front of the house, and we had turned left. And bearing in mind the fact I was about to actually open the gate when he said this.

I have one thing to say... Here's your sign!

Anyway, they got it done, so I suppose that's the main thing. I wonder how long it will be before the scaffolding goes back up and the other guys come to get the roof done?

They are also working on the repairs and renovations upstairs. The guys doing it came down to talk to us before starting, so as to warn us there would be a lot of noise. They weren't kidding! But, at least they're being considerate and not starting work until after 9:00 am. And, hey, at least they warned us.

I guess they want to do the work upstairs before handing the property over to a new tenant. Good call, I think. I'm sure whoever moves in there next will be pleased, since they wont then end up having to pack things back up again like they would if they were allowed to move in, then the work got done afterwards.

I hope the fact they're doing upstairs means that they're going to be doing our place soon. They should be, since they did say they'd be starting work within about six weeks of the woman who came to do the design with us coming. And she came almost two weeks ago. Perhaps they're going to do our place when they've finished upstairs?

5 comments:

AliceKay said...

I hope that whenever they do start the work at your place, they do it quickly and professionally.

Here's your sign, eh? LOL

Hope you're having a good Saturday. Time for me to get ready for work.

Intense Guy said...

Maybe the roof guys will be there the same time they do your place - that would be the time for you to take a 1-2 week caravan ride someplace... :)

I hope the noise doesn't disturb you and your boys too much.

Toriz said...

AK:
I hope so too.

Iggy:
Good call! I think I should! ;)

It's scaring the boys a bit, but other than that it isn't bothering me. I think they're getting used to it a bit after a week of it though... The boys, I mean.

Rita said...

I'm so far behind. I'll have to read the rest of your blogs to find out if they've been back yet. ;)

Toriz said...

Rita:
Nah, they haven't yet. At least, not for our place or the roof.