Monday, July 05, 2010

A "Do I have to?" kinda day

Today has been one of those, "Do I have to?" kind of days. You know? The kind of day where you don't really want to do anything, everything you do actually do seems like a chore, and it all seems to take much longer than it should take to do.

I haven't achieved even half of what I was going to today, and I can't bring myself to care. Not because I didn't want to do it, but because it doesn't really seem important that it didn't get done. There's always tomorrow, after all. Besides, I did the most important things. Like cleaning Gwydion's cage, walking Kero, catching up on blog posts, etc.

6 comments:

AliceKay said...

Terri and I (mostly Terri) have been tearing apart the floor and wall in the half bath behind me.

The floor and wall behind the toilet was bad from a drain problem we had two winters ago. He partially fixed it last summer. This trailer is put together with 2 1/2 inch staples. :\ He covered over the heat duct to the bathroom with aluminum flashing and covered that with treated lumber so there will be no more heat going directly into that bathroom. The wall is still out and so is the toilet. He needs to get a few more materials from the building supply store tomorrow before he can finish the job.

We're thankful we have air conditioners and fans because it's very hot outside and going to get worse as the week rolls on. I can't handle the 90+F heat very well, and Terri has to work out in it all day at the feed mill.

Last evening, we worked out in the yard cutting lots of pine branches from the trees. Gotta make room for a storage shed out there.

It's been a working holiday weekend for the most part, but we had a chance to visit some historic sites in Athens and Sayre yesterday. (i think Iggy might like some of those pics)

Intense Guy said...

I didn't feel like doing much today either!

*Hugs*

Its tooooooo hot here!!

Toriz said...

AK:
Sounds like a busy day/weekend. Hope Terri can get the job finished soon.

Toriz said...

Iggy:
Yeah, heat does that to people. :(

Rita said...

I have days like that fairly often, actually. ;)

Toriz said...

Rita:
Ditto. ;)