Friday, July 30, 2010

Kero's korner: the last couple of weeks (FD)

Hi humans, it's Kero here!



I haven't done anything other than post photos lately, so I'll tell you today about some of the stuff that's been going on these past couple of weeks. Well, actually, I have no idea what's going on around here lately. First some people showed up and played with the pipes, and moved stuff, and made lots and lots of mess. They also made Mami snarly, and for some reason Gwydion got brought inside. I'm not sure why, though I heard the humans mention something called an "exterminator," and something about a bees nest? *Looks confused* Well, anyway, Gwydion slept in the spare room for the night. He wasn't happy about it. I'm not sure why though, because I would have thought a night in the house after all those nights outside would be great. He's a strange little animal. I like him though, and give him a good sniff at least once a day while Mami holds him still for me.

Anyway, then Mamgu - who had been away somewhere all week - came and grabbed Mami, so I was left home with Dadi almost all day, when I really wanted my Mami. And then I spent the day at Willow's house while Mami first went to a place where she smelled of Auntie Tizzy and a human I really didn't recognise the smell of. Then she went to that gaming club. I was a bit upset at first, but Mamgu gave me chicken, so I got over it. I was glad when she finally came back to get me and we went home though.

Monday and Tuesday I had a chance to rest from the excitement of the week before.




But then - Wednesday - the strangest thing of all happened. A really tiny human pup came to visit. I've seen some of those things out and about, but I've never been so close to one that small before. All the human pups I've met in the past have been able to walk on their hind legs... This one didn't seem able to even sit up, without human help.

The humans seemed really excited about it, so I tried to get a closer look, but it grabbed my fur. Well, I did not like that, so I went to lay on the opposite end of the sofa to where Mami was, since I figured I could still keep an eye on Mami - who was holding the little human pup - from there, but was too far away from the tiny human. For some reason, this actually earned me loads of praise and a treat from Mami. The strange thing about it is though, that I don't think somehow it's because she felt sorry for me for having my fur pulled. I think it was for something else... But I'm not too sure what. All I can tell you is that Mami said, "good boy with the baby," as she gave me the treat. What's a baby anyway? I don't remember any baby... Just that tiny human pup. I think there's some kind of connection I'm missing, but I can't think what... Perhaps the tiny human is the baby thing Mami is talking about? If so, what did I do that was so good? I'm so confused!

Licks and sniffs,
Kero

5 comments:

Rita said...

Strangers can be confusing, no matter what size they are. That one sounded dangerous--fur grabbing you--OMG! I'm glad you stayed safely away from it.

I can totally understand Gwydio not wanting to come inside--just as I do not want to go outside. Change is very unsettling.

Sounds like a crazy week! I hope you have a quiet weekend and they don't bring the fur grabber back!
Love, Karma

AliceKay said...

Sounds like you had a mixed-up crazy week alright.

Babies (human pups) can be fun, but you gotta wait until they get a little bit older so you can play with them and they will play back.

Life is confusing, Kero...even for us humans. I hope next week is more relaxing and not so crazy for you.

Intense Guy said...

Let me explain Kero about the pup thing:

Woof wer...wooooo whine ni-ni-ni aaarr roof woof! wuff ruff rif yip yip yip! grrr rrrrough! rin-in yip! Woof!

And a bee is one of those yellow and black stinging bugs out in the garden - when they make a nest near or on a house they can be a nuisance to humans - sounds like your humans didn't want Gwydion to get bee killing spray on him or his house - which is good becuase it could have made him sick or something worse. Your Mami is taking good care of both of you.

Deanna said...

You'd better be nice to Mami, Kero. It sounds like she is taking very good care of you. Oh, and just a little hint about that human pup... in 6 to 9 months, you are going to want to be very, very careful - it starts moving around on its own. Watch out!

Licks and sniffs.

Toriz said...

Kero said...

Thanks all for being so understanding.


And, thanks for the explanation, Iggy!

Licks and sniffs,
Kero