Monday, July 12, 2010

A truck and a cone

During our walk by the river a couple of weeks ago, we found an abandoned toy truck. So, with nobody around to claim it, we rescued it and brought it home. Then I washed it and put it in the box of toys I keep for any visiting children to play with. Here's the truck.



Do you recognise the cone in the second photo? Any of you who read Iggy's blog should recognise him. It's Nick Conas of the Conas brothers. He's come to live with me. I have to watch him though... He's eyeing up my dog-shaped money box. I'm pretty sure the stopper is too difficult for him to pull out - I have trouble with it myself - but I still need to watch him.

Other than the obsession with my money box, Nick has been the perfect house guest. He's quiet, he doesn't eat much, and - most importantly - Kero likes him.

6 comments:

AliceKay said...

Aww...you rescued the truck and gave it a new home, and then you accepted Nick Conas into that same home. It just warms the heart. :) (maybe Nick wants to ride on the truck) :p

Hope you're having a great Monday.

Intense Guy said...

:)

I'm glad you rescued that poor little truck from a life of homelessness. I bet it would have been a short horrible one.

I think Nick could fit in that truck - on the back of it anyway, and give a little concert.

Bumping up and down in my little red tur-ruck
Bumping up and down in my little red tur-ruck
Bumping up and down in my little red tur-ruck
Won’t you be my darling
One wheel’s off and the axles broken
One wheel’s off and the axles broken
One wheel’s off and the axles broken
Won’t you be my darling
We’re gonna fix it with a screwdriver
We’re gonna fix it with a screwdriver
We’re gonna fix it with a screwdriver
So that we can ride it
Bumping up and down in my little red tur-ruck
Bumping up and down in my little red tur-ruck
Bumping up and down in my little red tur-ruck
Won’t you be my darling......

Deanna said...

LOL Iggy.

How in the world did Nick so lucky as to come live with you! It is a good thing that Kero isn't jealous of him. Do they sleep togeter? Inquiring minds want to know.

Deanna

Toriz said...

AK:
Well, I couldn't leave the truck all by itself, and when Nick showed up at my door, it was the least I could do to invite him in. Especially after he made such a long journey to get here.

Iggy:
Great song, I'll see about getting Nick to reherse it. ;)

Rita said...

The traveling Nick Conas! And then you found him a truck. Are you sure he'll stay put and not wander off with the band? Maybe he will because he and Kero will become best buds! ;)

Toriz said...

Deanna:
Sorry, didn't see your comment earlier.

Nick came to live with me because I wanted to meet him. I guess he only had the money for a 1 way trip?

No, him and Kero don't sleep together. Enough of our bed is taken up with Kelly, Kero and I, thank you very much!


Rita:
He's made some new friends here, so I think he might stay put. :)