Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Seaside, Firestorm and seagulls (FD)

Last Monday... No, not two days ago, about a week and a half ago... Mam and I went to the beach again. Just the two of us. It was a nice day... A bit cooler than it had been over the weekend, and more of a breeze too. Also, they were saying some rain would be on its way. But off we went anyway.


We played in the sea, and collected shells.



Then we made some sandcastles.





And before we left, we ate ice-cream.



It was a good day!

If you're wondering... Yes, it did rain that day. But by then we were in the car and just starting to head for home. So, we timed that just right, I guess.

The following day, Dad, Kelly and I drove up to Cardiff to go to a figure game shop called "Firestorm" for Dad to spend his birthday and Fathers' day money, and for me to get a set of figures I've been trying to get my hands on since late March or early April.

We went for dinner first. We had planned to go to a Chinese resteraunt my Dad quite likes that's in Swansea, but it was closed, so we went to a food court that's about half way between Swansea and Cardiff instead. We decided on that because then we knew there would definately be something for everyone, since not all places do vegetarian friendly food. So, Dad had fish, chips and beans, Kelly had some KFC, and I had a veggie pizza. Then we went on to Firestorm. We weren't in any hurry though, since it's open til late... Especially on Tuesdays and Thursdays, when they have a gaming club happening actually in store, so stay open until midnight (later if games run late).

We had a good look around Firestorm, and I got my Cryx army for Warmachine, which was the army I'd been trying desperately to get my hands on. I also got some figures for the D and D miniatures game that Dad and I like to play. Then, just before we were going to leave, someone started up a tester game for Warmachine using the same figures as I'd just brought, so I wanted to see them played, which meant we stayed about an hour longer than planned because of watching the game. It was a great game though, and I enjoyed watching.

It ended up being about 9:15 by the time we were leaving Firestorm.

Kelly helped me to take these seagull photos just before we got in the car.



As you can see from the colour of the sky in this one, the sun was setting.



Dad and I wanted a banana milkshake, so we went to a Burger King we knew would be open. But they didn't do milkshakes in that one for some unknown reason. So I had some chips, since I was hungry. I'm not a big fan of Burger King chips. I don't hate them, but I definately prefer to eat elsewhere. But since we were there, I was hungry, and we weren't sure if the McDonalds we were going to go and look for to get the milkshakes would be open, I had the chips. Anyway, we found the McDonalds, and it was open, and finally - after what seemed like hours waiting to be served - we had our milkshakes. Also, Dad had a burger, and Kelly had a McChicken sandwich. I guess my chips made them hungry? LOL!

Then we went home. Well, back to my parents' place anyway, because Kero was with Mam, so we stopped to pick him up, and swapped cars so that Mam could take us home. Dad had probably had enough of driving for one night, since we left home about 4:00 pm, and it was almost 11:00 pm by that time, and we'd been on the road on and off the entire evening. The longest we weren't was the almost two hours we spent in Firestorm.

6 comments:

AliceKay said...

The beach sounds like fun. You found some really nice seashells.

Sounds like you had a good time going to Firestorm, before and after as well. I'm glad you were able to find those figurines you were looking for.

I hope your day is a good one.

Intense Guy said...

I like that picture of you eating the ice cream - its so hot here that I would love to go swimming, in the ocean, in a creek, or in a tub of ice cream!

So you are ready to play with your figures (figurines?) now?

Deanna said...

I wish I lived close enough to do a day trip to a beach. That veggie piza sounds yummy! Sounds like a fun day.

Toriz said...

AK:
I'm glad I got the figures too. :)

Iggy:
There's plenty of water here today. It's raining.

Yep, I'm ready to play with them now. I started putting them together on Sunday, but after the... erm... Glue thing, it was decided that it would be best for Kelly to finish sorting them.

Deanna:
It was. We can easily get to several beaches. Well, have a few hours there, and get home within a day. If we set off early, and didn't plan to be home until late, that number would increase even more. But the coast where the beach we usually go to is... That's about an hour away from us.

Rita said...

What a great day! All around fun with good food, too. I loved all the pictures. Thanks so much for sharing such a fun time! :)

Toriz said...

Rita:
Glad you enjoyed. :)