Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Current day to day life

A discussion on Facebook about how I could probably knit a lion has led to me knitting a white tiger for my Mam. I haven't quite finished it yet... I have another leg to finish knitting, then I need to sew the pieces together. I should be done with it in the next couple of days though. I've also finished knitting the little rocket ship I was knitting. I haven't gotten around to getting a photo of the rocket ship yet though. I might as well wait until I've finished the tiger and do them at the same time now. I'm planning on making some more cards this weekend too, so I'll probably just wait until I've finished those as well and sort the photos for the two knitted items and the cards at the same time.

***

It got humid here over the weekend, despite the fact the weather was alternating between being sunny and wet. The result was a couple of nasty storms. Not nearly as bad as some places have had (thankfully) but bad enough to knock our TV signal out, and send Kero under the bed (one of his two favourite hiding places, the other favourite hiding place being under Kelly's computer desk).

***

I'm finally making a good dent in the stack of reviews that have been queued up on my blogger dashboard waiting to be published. When I first started scheduling the reviews I had enough to fill about two months worth of posts just with reviews, but now I only have a couple of weeks worth of them waiting to be published. Yay! Of course, I also have a small stack of books I'm waiting to have the time to read, but at least now that I'm catching up with my reviews I'm getting closer to the point where when I'm posting a review for something I've watched, read or listened to, it will actually be from something I've watched, read or listened to recently, rather than stuff I was watching, reading or listening to several months back. LOL!

Speaking of reviews, Kelly finally got around to writing all the reviews he's been meaning to write, so he's set them up to be published on his blog every couple of days. If you're interested in what he's been watching - and his opinion on some of the movies I've reviewed that he's watched too - then you may want to go check those out, and keep an eye on his blog from now on. Also, if you follow his blog and comment, and he doesn't comment on yours... Don't take it personally. He's one of those lurker bloggers. You know? The ones who read your posts but you don't know he's read them because he doesn't comment on them. Half the time he even forgets to reply to comments on his own blog (I know for a fact he reads every single comment though).

***

We've recently been doing a lot of clutter clearing and packing in preporation for moving. We've got some things we're waiting for people to pick up and take away, some things we'll soon be getting rid of in some other way, and a stack of boxes full of things packed and ready to go. In this next week we're hoping to get to a point where we have everything we're taking that we don't need to keep out packed up, then we can spend the next couple of weeks getting the things that are going elsewhere to where they're going. Our plan is to have all that sorted by mid September (if not a bit before) so we can start asking about those potential places soon after that, and be moving around the end of September or start of October. Of course, whether things go exactly to plan remains to be seen, since things going exactly to plan rarely happens. But that's the plan anyway, so we'll see how things go.

***

And that's about all I have to say right now. I would have had a post about an outing with Mam and Carl, but we didn't end up going last Friday after all, so no outing means no post about an outing. And I'm afraid most of my time is spent doing the same things pretty much every day; the day is spent alternating between walking Kero, getting stuff sorted and packed, and working on crafts (in between household chores, obviously), and the evening is spent catching up on e-mails, blogs and Facebook posts. Oh, and sometimes I sleep too... Or try to, LOL! Lots of stuff to keep me busy, but not that much worth posting about.

Stay safe, and enjoy the rest of your day! :)

10 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

I would hide where ever Kero hides right along with him when storms strike!

Magaly Guerrero said...

Wow, to knit a tiger; I'm absolutely impressed by things I don't know how to do, and by your ability to take something shapeless and create. It will be a treat to see the tiger.

Pre-packing is a full time job. I would know, I've done it often enough. You probably need that outing just to deal with the stress; I would need it ;)

Rita said...

You've really been a regular knitting fool lately! Wow! Even tigers! And making cards and packing, too. You guys are going to be so busy!

I checked out Kelly/s blog. :)

Hey, the "same old-same old" can keep a person darn busy--LOL! Hope you have a great Wednesday! :)

AliceKay said...

I'm glad you get a little sleep now and then. You sure are keeping busy.

I still find myself amazed at everything you can accomplish. I know sometimes it's not an easy task, but you keep pushing forward, and that says a lot about your character. :)

Have a great Wednesday! *hugs*

Deanna said...

It's been humid here too, Tori. But at least the temperatures have dropped a bit.

I cannot wait to see your newest projects. I'm with AK in that you totally amaze me!

I'm looking forward to the upcoming reviews.
And good luck getting ready for the move. Hopefully EVERYTHING will go as planned!

Take care!

Lynn said...

Oh wow Tori I cant wait to see your lion that you are knitting!!

Toriz said...

Nikki:
Fair enough; you hide with him, I'll enjoy the storm! :)

Magaly:
It's not the best tiger in the world, but I don't think I did too badly since I had no pattern to work from, so had to go by what I remember about tigers. Hope you're as impressed when you see my tiger attempt. LOL!

You're right there! I've done a LOT of packing in my time too. I'm hoping this will be the last time for a while. Of course, I hoped that about this place and... Well, things don't always work out as you plan!

Rita:
Busy is an understatement! LOL! And, yes, it can keep a person pretty busy (the "same old, same old" routine, I mean).

Cool, about visiting Kelly's blog. I'm sure he'll appreciate any and all comments and visits. :)

AK:
Yep, I am. And sleep always helps; so much easier to work on things after sleep. ;)

Thanks! I kind of have to though. And, besides, it beats sitting around twiddling my thumbs and feeling sorry for myself. :)

Deanna:
Yes! It hasn'[t been humid here all the time though (thankfully).

And, thanks (both about the projects and the move).

Lynn:
Well, hopefully soon I'll have photos of my tiger.

Intense Guy said...

I have to stop getting "out of sorts" it takes too long catch up!

And I saw the tiger you mention here - it came out awesomely!

Toriz said...

Iggy:
Yeah, it always takes a bit to get caught up again when you've been offline for a bit... Regardless of the reason for it happening. That's one thing I'm not looking forward to with moving (apart from the general stresses of moving itself, I mean)... At least a few days with no internet access, and therefore a few days (at least) of posts to catch up on. I know I have a minimum of 4 days offline... And that's if my phone and internet company can be nice and make it a quick and smooth switch over with the phone and internet. Any delays from them will add extra time on to how long I'll not be able to get online!

Anyway... Thanks (about the tiger).

Toriz said...

P.S. Nobody can help feeling out of sorts, so don't worry about it!