Sunday, August 14, 2011

Space Chimps 2: Zartog Strikes Back

"Space Chimps 2: Zartog Strikes Back is a 2010 animated comedy film and sequel to the 2008 film Space Chimps."

"Space Chimps 2 follows Comet, the techno chimp who longs to be taken as a fully-fledged space chimp. Comet journeys to Planet Malgor where he bonds with the alien Kilowatt, and lives out his ultimate fantasy. However, it's time for Comet to prove himself when the feared alien ruler Zartog takes over Mission Control. Comet must show he has the right skills, and join fellow chimps Ham, Luna and Titan, to save the day. The original film saw a crew of resourceful chimpanzees blasted into outer space on a vital mission - now the adventure continues in 3D."

(Above taken from here).

I watched the first "Space Chimps" movie a little over a year ago, and I only thought it was an "OK" movie (as you will see for yourself if you read the review I just linked to). But when I saw this one was on, I figured I might as well watch it. Anyway, it turned out to be quite good. Not one that will make it in to my favourites, but better than the first one. It helps in a few scenes if you've seen the first one, but it isn't essential I don't think. Anyway, it's rare that the second movie is better than the first; in this case, however, I think it is!

3 comments:

Rita said...

I don't think these would interest me much. Glad you liked them okay, tho. :)

Toriz said...

Rita:
No... I don't think they're your kind of movie.

AliceKay said...

I'm pretty sure I never saw the first one. I'm glad you thought it was an okay movie and better than you thought it might be. :)