Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A rocket ship, and a tiger

I finished knitting the rocket ship I was working on:



I hope Emma's little brother likes it. Well, actually it's initially more important that Louise (their Mother) likes it, since the baby will still be really tiny when he gets his rocket ship. But I'm sure you know what I mean.

And I also finished knitting the snow tiger:


My Mam wanted a "white and black one, not an orange one," so that's why I made it as a snow tiger. I'm glad she wanted a snow tiger, actually, because I didn't have any orange wool, but had plenty of black and white. LOL!

The tiger was, I think, the most difficult knitting project I've attempted so far. I had to try and remember tigers, had no pattern to work from, and also had to swap and change between the white and black to get the striped effect (only once before have I knitted with two colours sort of at the same time... With Max's plane). It took me two attempts to get the head looking at least sort of tiger-like. Mam seems to like it though, so that's all that matters.

I've now started working on my next knitting project... Willow's blanket.

4 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

Those are cute! I wish I knew how to knit!

AliceKay said...

Yep, those are cute. The snow tiger looks like it would have been very hard to make. It sure is cute, tho, and I'm glad your Mam likes it. :)

Intense Guy said...

I like them both! The tiger looks tricky to make and looks awesome! The stripes are definitely really cool!

I can just hear the little one making "rocket blast off" sounds and doing count downs now. Smiles.

Toriz said...

Thanks all... Yep, the snow tiger was definately hard to make!