Friday, August 05, 2011

Salt (2010 movie)

"Evelyn Salt is a CIA agent and highly respected by all, including her boss, Ted Winter. Out of the blue, a Russian spy walks into their offices and offers a vital piece of information: the President of Russia will be assassinated during his forthcoming visit to New York City to attend the funeral of the recently deceased U.S. Vice President. The name of the assassin: Evelyn Salt. Concerned about the safety of her husband, who she cannot contact, she goes on the run. Winter refuses to accept that she is a mole or a double agent but her actions begin to raise doubts. Just who is Evelyn Salt and what is she planning?"

(Above taken from this page).

I only watched it because it was on. It was a reasonably good movie; not what I'd expected. I actually enjoyed it more than I expected to. Thing is, I'm not a big fan of action movies as a rule, but the mystery of Evelyn Salt captured my interest enough that I ended up watching the whole movie. And - if I'm honest - actually enjoying it. I probably wouldn't watch it again though, because now I know the answer behind the mystery there isn't enough to keep my interest enough to have me sitting through all that stuff you see in most action movies (things like chase scenes and fighting scenes and such).

7 comments:

AliceKay said...

Marty saw this movie and said it was very good. I love action thrillers, and I usually love any movie starring Angelina Jolie. I'm looking forward to seeing this one when I can. :)

Intense Guy said...

I find the even the names to sound... a bit contrived... Salt? Winter?

:)

And I'm no Angelina Jolie fan... so I probably wouldn't watch the first time. :) *puts on steel helmet in case Alice Kay tries to whack him on the head*

I prefer the non-action mystery flicks like Miss Maple and Heracle Pie-rot.

Rita said...

I am a kind of picky, occasional action fan. I did see this one and it was so-so for me. I guess it had enough of a plot line to keep me watching. I think I would probably agree with Iggy--I'd likely pick Miss Marple over Angelina--LOL!! ;)

ChicagoLady said...

Angelina isn't one of my favorite actresses, but she's decent. This is one I've been wanting to see, if for nothing else, for the intrigue.

Toriz said...

AK:
Hope you enjoy it when you see it! :)

Iggy:
Fair enough; so do I as a general rule. But this was on after something else I was watching, and Kelly wanted to watch it, and I was sort of curious, so... *Shrugs*

Rita:
Sounds like you had similar feelings to me; good enough to watch the whole thing, but not worth bothering to watch now that you know the answer to the mystery.

Chicago:
Well, if you do watch it, I hope you enjoy it. :)

Lynn said...

I havent seen that one. I sure hope you are doing well and you have a wonderful weekend!

Toriz said...

Lynn:
Well, if you do see it, I hope you enjoy it. In the meantime... I'm fine, thanks, and having a nice weekend. Hope that's the same for you!