Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Secretariat (2010 movie)

"Taglines:The Impossible True Story"

"Penny Chenery Tweedy and colleagues guide her long-shot but precocious stallion to set, in 1973, the unbeaten record for winning the Triple Crown."

"Housewife and mother Penny Chenery agrees to take over her ailing father's Virginia-based Meadow Stables, despite her lack of horse-racing knowledge. Against all odds, Chenery -- with the help of veteran trainer Lucien Laurin -- manages to navigate the male-dominated business, ultimately fostering the first Triple Crown winner in twenty-five years."

(Above taken from here).

It seemed a bit of a slow starter, but it gets a bit more active after a bit, and becomes a pretty good, quite emotional movie, I think.

5 comments:

AliceKay said...

I loved this movie. I bought the DVD when it came out. I think I posted about it after watching it.

Rita said...

I've heard this is a great movie! It's in my list. ;)

ChicagoLady said...

This is on my list to watch. I love Diane Lane.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Loved, loved, loved this movie!! I even got Thomas to watch it and HE loved it! I think because it's a true story, it's even more special.

Hugs!! How's the moving process going???

Toriz said...

AK & Jeannie:
Glad you enjoyed the movie! :)

Rita & Chicago:
Hope you enjoy it when you get to see it! :)