Thursday, February 15, 2007

A post for mid February

I don't know about you, but I had a great day yesterday!

I never got to bed until about 4:30 am because, quite simply, I wasn't sleepy (probably due to the nap I had earlier in the evening) and at about 10:30 am I was woken up with breakfast in bed! And bless him, Kelly had made me a cooked breakfast while still sticking to some of the rules that I put in place for my mealtimes. The last time he made me a cooked breakfast in bed - and I have to emphasize the word "cooked" because he brings me a bowl of cereal in bed quite often - I had about 3 or 4 thick sausages, about 6 or so pieces of bacon, 2 eggs, 2 pieces of toast and a huge stack of pancakes. BUT, yesterday's cooked breakfast consisted of just 1 egg, 2 pieces of toast and 2 pieces of bacon. AND he even remembered to put it on one of my little plates. I was so proud of him!!!

About 11:00 am (ish) I was thinking about getting dressed to take Kero out for a walk when the phone rang. It was one of those beautiful Spring days that remind you that Summer is around the bend - I'm sure you know the kind I mean - and I thought Kero and I would make the most of it and go for a nice, long walk. But the phone call was my Mam telling me that the phone company had decided she was no longer allowed to deal with the calls so I had to go up to my parents' place so I could sort it. So, I get dressed and go up there. Knowing I'd be spending most of the day up there dealing with it. And, I was right! We FINALLY got it all sorted with the one phone company - Talk Talk - about an hour before Mam and Dad were due to come down ours for dinner anyway, so, we figured that since I would be only just getting home about then if I went by bus I might as well stay and ride down with them. We did call BT but they had changed the account number when Talk Talk attached themselves to my phone and they kept insisting that it wasn't the case. It took Mam an hour this morning to figure it out with them. Poor Mam! Anyway, we finally got it sorted this morning and as of 1st March 2007 I am back on BT. I don't know if I'll be able to make calls before then though. I hope so 'cause I like talking to people. LOL! Besides, our hot water STILL wont work right so I need to call the maintenence department about that. And the handle to the back door came off in Dad's hand last night so I need to talk to them about that too. Both Dad and I had to open the door at the same time (one from outside, one from in) so we could open it. We managed to get the handle back on again and can use the door ok, but I'm thinking it's not a good thing when a door handle comes off like that. Also, my Sky TV isn't working... I think maybe all this wind has changed the direction the dish is pointing... I dunno! I just know that I need to call the Sky TV people so they can fix it.

So, back to yesterday...

Kelly got me an adorable teddy. I took a photo but it's still on my camera. He'd already given me £50 so I could put it with my birthday and Christmas money that I had so I could have my phone and mp3 player. I'll post the pic of the teddy when I get a chance.

Of course, Kero got a teddy too! And for any of you who are surprised.... where the hell have you been??? He gets presents at Yule, he gets a stocking and presents at Christmas, he gets a card and presents on his birthday... basically, it it's a gift giving holiday, he gets a gift! So, why wouldn't he get a present on Valentine's Day??? It's a dog that's holding a heart in its mouth. And, of course, I took photos of him with it. They'll be coming with my teddy photo in the next few days. LOL!

We had a lovely meal - Mam, Dad, Kelly and I - we stopped off to get the meal on our way down to mine (Chinese... mmm) and Kelly had the table set up nice for us for when we got back. Then we all sat and watched Garfield 2. OMG! It was HILARIOUS!!! I enjoyed the first Garfield movie - I've seen it like 5 times, lol - but this one was even better!!! Then Mam and Dad went home and hubby and I spent the rest of the evening together.

OK, I bet you want to know what I ate last night? I mean, I said Chinese but there's a lot of Chinese food, right? Well, I had barbequed spare ribs for starters then I had special fried rice with roast duck curry and sweet and sour chicken for dinner. Man was it good!!! I was SO full after eating it that it was like 2:00 pm today before I ate anything. And even then it was just a bit of toast with Marmalade on it. And, no, I didn't have desert. We had ice-cream we could have had but none of us had room for it... although, ice-cream sounds good right about now! LOL!

Kero decided at about 9:00 am that we had to get up and let him out for a pee. He doesn't do that often, he usually sleeps late. So, I let him out for a pee then fed him and the cats. Took Kero out for a nice walk and then had to go up to my parents' place to get something that I needed that they had up there. They dropped me off on their way to the hospital (since they were going my way for Wayne's appointment). I was meant to have been having Willow today, but it turned out that since it's half-term Nan doesn't have her class after all, so, she had Willow and I didn't need to.

It was one of those beautiful Spring days again today. It's a bit drizzly right now, but that's only started in the last half hour or so. Kero and I got our nice walk today. I'd have taken him for another but where I had a late night but early (ish) morning I was tired and went for a nap and by the time I got up it was almost dark and Kelly said there was no way he was letting me take Kero out when it was "damn near dark". So, we didn't go. I'm not supposed to be going anywhere tomorrow though, so, hopefully we'll have another day of nice Spring weather and Kero and I can have a nice, long walk. Keep your fingers crossed for me, ok?

Tori

8 comments:

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

well bless my soul i got through your post at long last .
you were a spoilt girl werent you ( breakfast in bed ) you enjoy it when you can get it .

and me well i didnt even have a phone call ( sad ) .

hope you get your spring day tomorrow .

grandma x

AliceKay said...

*keeps her fingers crossed for your nice spring day*

It was 0 (zero) here this morning (that's fahrenheit) with a wind chill of minus 10 or so. We got about 12 inches of snow yesterday and the night before. It's really hard to tell just how much because the wind won't let it lie still long enough to measure it. It was snowing sideways most of yesterday afternoon. :\ Want that snow now? LOL

Anonymous said...

Thanks

Yep, I still want it... LOL!

AliceKay said...

You are one crazy girl...LOL.

Anonymous said...

you only just realised?

AliceKay said...

LOL

Kerry said...

I got your Kool-Aid 4 grape 4 lime and 4 Blue

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH KERRY!!!