Thursday, February 08, 2007

WE HAVE SNOW!!!

YES! YES! YES!

I Finally have my snow!!!

It started to snow about midnight (I think) and it hasn't stopped yet!!!

The photo in this blog is what it looked like outside at 7:30 am when Kero and I got up and went outside to play in the snow. I took a few other pics too... some are of Kero playing in the snow... but I wont post them all. They're in my photo albums if you want to see them. I tried to get a video of Kero rolling in the snow, but the kids were already out playing in the snow and when they saw us they started up a snowball fight, which I honestly didn't mind, but it made getting a video of Kero impossible since I haven't quite perfected the art of dodging snowballs and using a camera at the same time. LOL!

I was meant to be going to my parents' place to watch Willow because Mam and Wayne have hospital appointments, Dad has to take them to the appointments and Nan has a class on a Thursday. But, because of the snow Nan isn't going to her class so even if Mam and Wayne can make it to their hospital appointments Willow will have Nan to look after her and wont need me. That means I get to stay home. Not sure I'll be inside all day though. LOL!

This is, to my knowledge, Chance's first ever time of seeing snow. He's not sure what to make of it. He's been alternating between watching it and crying. Bless him! He's not been out in it yet. I know for a fact that even if it snowed where he was last year he didn't go out in it since he'd never been outside before he came to me, so this is definately going to be his first time out in snow. I would have liked to keep the cats in so we don't freeze, but it's not even 9:30 am yet and Sakura's already meowing for out, so, I don't know how much longer I can keep her in. I'm going to feed them in a sec and then hopefully she'll settle for a bit. I doubt it though since Sakura isn't big on being forced to stay in. Will have the camera ready for when Chance goes out so I can capture Chance's first ever investigation of snow. Then either later or tomorrow I can post the pics and tell you what he thought of it.


Megan and Sakura aren't all that bothered about the snow. Megan plays with it a bit though after a while I guess she decides it's too cold and will shake her paws off and hide under the bush or come inside. Sakura is only bothered because the cold I think hurts her leg. She's quite happy to go out in it though.

Anyway, I'm going to go feed these cats (and Kero, of course). Then I'm going to make a nice, warm cup of tea and have some breakfast myself.

Tori


Note added 11:04 am: Chance has met the snow and doesn't appear to like it (as predicted). I took some pics and videos and even got the videos I wanted to get of Kero. The pics are already in the albums and I'm working on getting the videos uploaded as I write this.

Note added 11:59 am: Well, it has already stopped snowing. We only ended up with about an inch or two of snow. Some places got six inches or more though. But most of those places are either higher up or in the north, and we are in a valley to the south.

Note added 12:31 pm: OK, all videos and photos are in my video section and in the photo albums.

6 comments:

Kerry said...

Ace hates the snow and refuses to go out in the winter, simply because he hates it if his paws get wet. Won't go out in the rain in the summer either.

Anonymous said...

Megan has no problem with water. She plays in the shower. LOL!

Sakura has never minded water either. In our old place we had a bath and I had to shut and lock the door because otherwise Sakura (who can open most doors) would be in the bath with me.

Chance, however, does NOT like to get any part of him even slightly wet.

AliceKay said...

I'm glad you have your snow, Tori...LOL. Just be thankful you don't live in Oswego County, New York. They have 7 feet of snow and it's still snowing! And this accumulation is just since last week!

ChicagoLady said...

I'm glad you finally got the snow you wanted so badly. Do you want some of my below zero temperatures too? LOL

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

so you got your snow at long last , so now i hope you are a very happy bunny even if it wasnt quite enough for you .
love the animal video's and photo's , and i see chance wasnt all that impressed with it .

grandma x

Anonymous said...

AK, I have no problem with having 7 foot of snow! LOL!

Chicago, we have below zero temps but if you send some more snow I'll take the below zero temps and let it be colder here. Besides, your pipes could do with some heat. LOL!

Grandma, yes, I'm a very happy bunny now.