I was going to post this tomorrow, but decided to do it today instead.
My Nan's not well. She keeps getting really dizzy and things. It seems to be something to do with some lumps she has on her head. She's had them for as long as I can remember, but they never caused any issues so she left them alone. That seems to have changed now though.
She went to the doctor and he's refering her to one of the nearby hospitals to have the lumps removed (and I assume tested and such too).
Will let you know how things go for her when she goes in.
I think I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I had a blood test to check my iron level so the doctor could decide if I should continue with my iron tablets or not? Well, it's taken me until today to find out what they want me to do.
The results were there, but all they'd tell me was that "the results are satisfactory," Which doesn't tell me anything. I mean, does that mean my iron level is high enough so I don't need the tablets any more? Or does that mean that it's not as low as it could be but it's not too bad and they want me to carry on with the tablets?
I eventually managed to make them understand that "satisfactory" isn't a good enough answer, so they made me an appointment to see the nurse.
The appointment was for 11:00 am. And - after an hour of waiting - I went in, asked the nurse what "Satisfactory" was meant to mean, got my answer and went home. So,, Mam and I sat in the waiting room of the doctors' surgery for an hour to spend maybe 30 seconds in with the nurse. Even the nurse didn't understand why I wasn't just put on the "call back list" for the nurse to give me a quick ring instead of me coming in just for something like that.
Apparently "satisfactory" means that my iron level is above average so they want me to stop taking the iron tablets. Which is exactly what I knew they'd say.
Yep, I went all the way there just to be told that. *Sigh*
If our suspicions are correct then the "third time lucky" or "third time's the charm" thing hasn't worked out with my eye. The stitching appears to have come undone... AGAIN!
What does this mean? Well, it means that - when my specialist comes back from his holiday - I'm probably going back in to hospital. This time, however, I'm telling him to take the implant out. I've had enough. Sod the cosmetic result!
We're phoning his secretary tomorrow (Friday) to ask what we should do in the meantime. Especially since my antibiotic tablets have run out. I'm meant to be seeing one of my specialist's assistants on Monday though, so she might just tell us to hang in until then.
The worst part is that I got a letter the other day from the person who's meant to be sorting out my artificial eye. It was for October 30th, but I can't have the artificial eye sorted if the socket hasn't settled, and it can't settle when it's still being operated in.
So I called her up and explained.
She told me to call her back when I think I'm ready and she'll make me an appointment as soon after that as she can. We both agreed that until we know what exactly is going on with the eye there's no point trying to make another appointment that I might have to cancel anyway.