I love my Mami
My Mami loves me
I know my Mami
Will come back, you’ll see!
~~~
I was 6 when I wrote that.
No, really, I was.
A couple of years ago my Mam found it and showed it to me, and I typed it up and added it to my collection. At the bottom of all of my poems I put "©" and the year they were written. This one says "© 1991" since that's what the paper my Mam handed me said.
I vaguely know the reason behind it; though I'm not too sure if it's because I've been told, or because I remember. Either way, I was clingy as a child, and drove everyone mad with, "when's Mami coming back?" every five seconds if she went anywhere. When she and my Dad got back together when I was about 6 (the year this was written) Mam left me with Dad and went away for a few days. I didn't take it very well and wrote this poem to make myself feel better. Then presented the poem to my Mam when she came home.
There's a short story I wrote around the same time, which my Dad has. I don't have a copy of that though.
Hey, I did say I've been writing for as long as I've known how!
12 comments:
This is wonderful, Tori. Extremely cute because we know Mami was coming back, but if we didn't have the background, then it would be completely aerie.
Mags:
Thanks! :)
I agree; that's why this one wont make it in to the book. Any poem you need the background for in order for it to make real sense wont be included.
What a cute poem, Tori!! So neat that your mom saved it too! I think all kids tend to be clingy of moms at that age :)
betty
You got me beat! I didn't start till I was nine! I wrote to make myself feel better, too, but I never showed it to anybody. ;)
I wish you could get a copy of the short story one day. :)
Betty:
Thanks, and I think you're right about kid clingyness.
Rita:
I'll talk to my Dad about typing it up for me, and if I can get him to I'll post it on here.
I think that is so precious!
Best of luck with publication!
Thanks Autumn! :)
Cute poem. I'm glad your Mam saved it all these years. :)
Very sweet poem Tori! I wrote when I was a teen but I don't have any of those poems today. I wish I did!
AK:
Glad you enjoyed it. :)
Barb:
Thanks; glad you think so.
That's a shame about you not having any of your old poems.
Awww.. so precious. Your mom must really like it!
Iggy:
She seems to. :)
Post a Comment