As with the previous posts like this one, if you want to know more about the book, or the author, click on whichever it is you want to learn more about, and it will take you to the appropriate page on Goodreads. Clicking on my rating should take you to my actual Goodreads review for the book in question.
Don't forget: the format I've reviewed may not be the format I read. Also, please remember that I read across multiple genres and age ranges, so you should always check if a book is suitable for the intended reader, especially when children are involved. Sometimes reading the book's description on its Goodreads page will be enough for this, but other times you may need to check elsewhere to figure out the genre and/or recommended reading level.
OK... On to the reviews!
Little Town on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls WilderMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
Not my favourite of the series, but still an enjoyable and fascinating read.
These Happy Golden Years by Laura Ingalls WilderMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
Another fantastic and fascinating addition to the series, which was enjoyable and entertaining, as well as being beautifully written.
The First Four Years by Laura Ingalls WilderMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
I wasn't as impressed with this book as I was with the rest of the series. The story felt rushed, and was missing the poetic imagery present in the words of the earlier books. The introduction mentioned that this book wasn't published by Laura herself, even though the rough manuscript for it was written by her, and it shows.
Fatemarked Origins: Volume I by David EstesMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
An awesome addition to the series, and an interesting look in to the pasts of some of the characters.
Truthmarked by David EstesMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
An amazing continuation of this epic adventure, with excellent worldbuilding, a fantastic cast of characters, and a plot that will keep you on your toes.
The Rose and the Mask: A Beauty and the Beast Retelling by Victoria LeybourneMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
This is a beautifully written and enjoyable take on the Beauty And The Beast story, which I found to be an excellent read. This book will appeal to fans of fairy tale retellings in general, and fans of the Beauty And The Beast story in particular.
Hope Everlasting: A Dystopian Sci-fi Novel by J.N. ChaneyMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
I'm absolutely loving this series! The worldbuilding is amazing, and it has a great cast of characters. Also, the writing itself is great too.
Notes from a Small Dog: Four Legs on Two by Sue VincentMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
I fell in love with Ani via her blog posts, and fell in love with her all over again while reading this book. This is a well-written - not to mention, often entertaining - read, which anyone who loves dogs will enjoy.
Burning Belief by D.J. FarringtonMy rating: 3 of 5 stars
This book had an interesting plot, but the story was spoiled for me by an irritating cast of characters who spent most of the book insulting and swearing at one another.
Voyages by Richard SuttonMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
A steady paced and interesting read, with some great characters and an intriguing plot.
2 comments:
You've been busy, Tori! I'd like to re-read the Little House books again.
Jeanie:
You totally should!
Post a Comment