Monday, August 28, 2017

August 2017 #TV Talk And #Movie Mutterings

It's time to take a look at what I've been watching over the past couple of months. Not that there's much to say, but still...

As with the previous posts like this one, just click on the titles to go to a page where you can find out more details about the movie or TV show in question; the title links will usually take you to a page on IMDB.

Don't forget: I watch things across multiple genres, as well as for different age ranges, so you should always check before viewing to make certain something is suitable for the intended audience, especially when children are involved. IMDB will usually provide this information for you, but you'll have to look elsewhere if you can't find it on the page I link to.

OK... On to the reviews!

Beauty and the Beast (2017 movie):
I absolutely loved this movie! I know some people didn't feel Emma Watson was a suitable Belle, since she doesn't have the figure for how they think the character should look (not naming names on that one, but that's what someone said to me). Personally, however, I thought she made a great Belle. Also, I had no idea she could sing like that... WOW! The rest of the cast worked for me too, and I enjoyed the little plot changes they did to make it different from the animated version I remember watching dozens of times growing up. I also happen to know that my Mam - who has always loved the Beauty and the Beast story - absolutely loved this movie too. I'm quite certain she agrees with me when I say it was AMAZING! I give this movie a well deserved five out of five stars.

Teen Titans: The Judas Contract ( 2017 movie):
I wasn't as impressed with this movie as I expected to be. Kelly picked it up because we'd enjoyed the 2003 Teen Titans TV series, so he thought it would be a good one for us to watch together. We were both a little disappointed. Don't get me wrong, it had its moments where it was fun and entertaining and all that, but it also had moments where it dragged so that we wondered why they didn't just make it in to an episode for the new version of the TV series (which I haven't seen yet). Quite frankly, the latter was more common, and we spent a lot of the movie wondering how long was left. Sorry, but I only give this movie three out of five stars.

6 comments:

Jeanie said...

I missed Beauty and the Beast in the theatre but I loved the stage version and hope to catch the movie. Glad you enjoyed it!

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
I got it when the DVD came out. Anyway, when you get to see it, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Rita said...

Have not seen either of these. I always try to keep an open mind when watching any movie. I have loved movies that critics didn't like and been bored by movies they praised. ;)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
I'm the same with both books and movies: I make up my own mind, and don't always follow the crowd when it comes to popular movies/books.

Danielle L Zecher said...

I absolutely love that version of Beauty and the Beast. I can't imagine anyone not liking it. I'm glad you gave it five stars.

Victoria Zigler said...

Danielle:
I'm glad you enjoyed Beaty And The Beast as much as I did.