Monday, September 04, 2017

Alexis-Hope, Lilie, and Jayde Bramblerose



My Mam got a new puppy. That's her in the above photo, tucked up with her teddy and a blanket. She's a white Labrador x Retriever (her Mother is a Chocolate Labrador, her Father is a Golden Retriever). The puppy's name is Alexis-Hope, but she mostly gets called "Alexis" or "Lexi" (depending on who it is speaking to or about her). She was six weeks old in the photo; the photo was taken before Mam brought her home. Lexi's now a little over nine weeks old, so Mam hasn't had her long. I don't have any photos of her that are more recent than that. Actually, that's the only photo I have of her. I know Mam has others, but she loves this photo, hence the above photo being the one Mam sent me when I asked for a photo of Lexi to put in this post. Anyway, I haven't met Lexi yet, but am meant to be getting a visit from Mam and Lexi in a couple of months time (they're meant to be coming for a visit at the start of November).

Lilie is scheduled to be spayed this month. She's booked in for September 20th 2017. She won't quite be six months old when that date rolls around, but she'll be close enough that the vet is happy to spay her. I want to get her spayed as soon as she's old enough so as to avoid any potential accidents, if you know what I mean. Plus, this way she'll have time to heal thoroughly from the surgery before Mam and Lexi come for their visit.

While we're on the subject of dogs: Yesterday (September 3rd) was the 12th birthday of my Grandma's Yorkshire Terrier, Jayde Bramblerose. Jayde spent some time at the vet recently having teeth pulled, and was very unwell afterwards, so we're all rather relieved she made it to her 12th birthday. She seems to be doing better now though, so that's good. Anyway, belated happy birthday to you, Jayde!

7 comments:

Jeanie said...

You're in serious dog world! It will be fun to see how Lilie and Lexi get on! They'll be cute together with their different sizes!

Rita said...

That puppy will probably be really good sized! Looks so sweet. Going to be fun to have them visit each other. I'm sure you'll be glad when Lilie is all done with her surgery and back home where she belongs. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
There may not be all that much difference in their sizes when Lilie and Lexi meet for the first time, because Lexi will still be so young, and the three months age gap will mean she probably won't be all that much bigger than Lilie during their first meeting. It will be interesting to see what they think of each other though. Mam and I are hoping they tire each other out. They're both energetic little pups, so we're hoping they tire each other out so we can have some quiet time together.

Rita:
Yeah, I'll be glad when her spay is all over and done with. I'm doing it for her own good, but that knowledge doesn't stop the anxiety from knowing she'll be going under anasthetic, and that sometimes surgeries don't go smoothly. So I'll be glad when it's all over and I know she came through it alright.

Danielle L Zecher said...

She's so cute! Congratulations to your mom on her new baby! And I love the names Alexis and Lexi. I don't blame you for getting Lillie spayed as soon as possible. I think it's easier on everyone, including them, when you do it sooner rather than later. I hope all goes well with her surgery.

Victoria Zigler said...

Thanks, Danielle!

Intense Guy said...

Awww Lexi is so cute!!!!

Hmmm, today is Lilie's big day, I hope she heals quickly.

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Thanks! Lilie's doing OK from it so far, but feeling rather miserable (understandably).