As with the previous posts like this one, if you want to know more about the book, or the author, click on whichever it is you want to learn more about, and it will take you to the appropriate page on Goodreads. Clicking on my rating should take you to my actual Goodreads review for the book in question.
Don't forget: the format I've reviewed may not be the format I read. Also, please remember that I read across multiple genres and age ranges, so you should always check if a book is suitable for the intended reader, especially when children are involved. Sometimes reading the book's description on its Goodreads page will be enough for this, but other times you may need to check elsewhere to figure out the genre and/or recommended reading level.
OK... On to the reviews!
Deathmarked by David EstesMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
I usually hate when books have cliffhanger endings, but this book is such an awesome read I find I can forgive the author for leaving me hanging like this. The worldbuilding is amazing, the plot is an action-packed rollercoaster, and a fantastic cast of characters rounds off the whole thing perfectly.
The Boy Who Painted the World by Melody J. BremenMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
This is a beautifully written and touching story, which I highly recommend. Indigo is a wonderful character, and his story will capture your attention - not to mention, your heart - from the start.
*NOTE: I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for a review. This fact has in no way influenced either my opinion of the book or the contents of this review.
The Runaway Schoolhouse by Maria MatthewsMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
An imaginative and entertaining story.
Tales of Erana: Just One Mistake by A.L. ButcherMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
This is an enjoyable addition to the series. It contains an interesting cast of characters, as well as some very detailed World building and descriptions.
Ichabod Brooks & the City of Beasts by Charles E. YallowitzMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
Ichabod is an excellent character, and his story is entertaining and told well.
The Life & Times of Ichabod Brooks by Charles E. YallowitzMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
This is a well-written collection of stories, which I found to be both creative and entertaining. I love the character of Ichabod, and found joining him on more of his adventures to be an enjoyable experience.
Prodigy of Rainbow Tower by Charles E. YallowitzMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
This is a well-written book, which has an interesting and exciting plot, as well as a fantastic cast of fun and well-rounded characters. It grabs your attention from the start, and holds it until the very last word, entertaining you while taking you on an amazing adventure.
Allure of the Gypsies by Charles E. YallowitzMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
An excellent addition to the series, with a plot that will keep you guessing while sending you on an emotional rollercoaster ride.
Family of the Tri-Rune by Charles E. YallowitzMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
Another excellent addition to the series; I'm enjoying the adventure, and love how well the characters and their relationships with one another evolve as the series progresses.
The Compass Key by Charles E. YallowitzMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
Another excellent addition to the series, with a wonderful and well-rounded cast of characters, and a fantastic action-packed plot.
Curse of the Dark Wind by Charles E. YallowitzMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
This is a well-written story, with an action-packed plot that's full of surprises, and an excellent cast of characters. It's a great addition to the series, as well as being an enjoyable read in its own right.
Sleeper of the Wildwood Fugue by Charles E. YallowitzMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
This is another well-written and action-packed addition to the series. I love the exciting plot with its surprises and emotional rollercoaster rides, think the descriptions and worldbuilding are excellent, and enjoy getting to know the interesting characters and seeing their relationships grow and evolve. I especially enjoyed the creativity of the way the secret door was revealed, and the encounter with the dragon. I won't say more than that, because I don't want to spoil anything for anyone who hasn't read this book yet.
The Merchant of Nevra Coil by Charles E. YallowitzMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
I loved this book! The plot is creative and fun, and grabs and holds your attention from the first page to the last. An excellent addition to the series.
2 comments:
Pretty prolific, Tori. I tend to not be into kids or young adult so much but I can see why it is probably not only fun but good research for you too!
Jeanie:
Yeah, the books are often fun reads, and it's good for me to know what else is out there, and what's proving popular and what isn't, etc. Not all of the books this month were young adult books though, just to make sure you're aware of that. Most were, but "Tales of Erana: Just One Mistake" isn't suitable for younger readers.
Post a Comment