The repair saga in the downstairs hallway of our building continues. I think they may have found and stopped the leak issue now, but I'm not entirely certain - and am not holding my breath, given past experiences with them supposedly having fixed the issue - but they've started redecorating the hallways again, so they obviously think they've sorted it. I wonder if they really have fixed it, or if it's just because we've had so much nice weather? Only time will tell. I hope it's fixed, because then the scaffolding can go away.
Still nothing on them sorting the issues with the windows though. I hope the landlords are able to get those sorted before Winter comes, especially the one in the computer room that doesn't close properly any more. If not, we're in for a chilly Winter (especially if Winter is as stormy or cold as it has been the past couple of years). I'd planned to give the landlords a nudge to remind them about the windows when they came to pick up last month's rent, but they beat me to the punch, asked if we'd had any progress with people showing up to do that yet, and - when we said we hadn't - said they'd give the people who are meant to be sorting that a nudge. So, at least they are trying to get the window issue sorted, and they obviously haven't forgotten about it.
I brought a new bucket for my mop. Again. The one I had before had only been brought at the end of last year, but given the state it was in from being down in the hallway to help with the leak, we decided to just buy another one. Our old one is still down in the hallway. The only good thing is, I got a red bucket out of it. That doesn't stop me being a little annoyed that we had to go buy a new bucket in the first place, but it does help a little, since the only thing better than a red bucket would have been a purple one. Purple household items are often tough to find though. I remember finding the odd purple item when I was setting up my first place. Ended up with a rainbow coloured kitchen, because I couldn't get a whole set of anything in purple, didn't want to not have anything purple when there were some purple options, and it bothered my Mam. She wanted everything to match, and said it looked wrong for some stuff to be one colour and the rest another. We met in the middle, so to speak, and I made sure everything was a different colour. She wasn't entirely happy, but she did agree that the fact nothing matched made it work in a strange sort of way. I think it still bothers her that I show little concern for whether things match properly, but never mind.
Our weather's mostly been nice, though we've had a few days that have been too hot for my liking, and a few small storms or drizzly days. Our storms aren't really worth mentioning compared to the ones some places are getting though. I have friends who have been dealing with the hurricanes in the past couple of weeks, or friends with family or friends of their own in those areas. Even if I didn't though, I'd still be sad at the devestation the storms are causing. I like storms, but I don't like the damage they cause. It makes me sad to think of the lives torn apart by the devestation the weather has caused in some places.
5 comments:
I hope they did fix the hallway leak and will get to your windows. I like rainbows of color. :)
So much going on all over--floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, droughts, heat waves... :(
A red bucket would be nice. Mine is plain old brown. Not pretty at all. But I do hope that leak is now a done deal and that your windows are on the agenda. Can't imagine what that does to the heating bills in winter.
Our weather here is very nice. I almost feel like I have survivor's guilt when I think of the people in Florida and Texas.
Rita:
My argument regarding the colour thing is that if it doesn't match anyhow, it doesn't matter if I can't get a matching one if something has to be replaced. Anyway, we had a lot of rain over the past couple of days, and it doesn't seem to have rained in the hallway, so fingers crossed!
Jeanie:
Yeah, our heating bill last year wasn't pretty, and it was once last Winter was over that the computer room window became a problem, so I really hope they get to that one especially before Winter arrives. They're meant to be coming today, so here's hoping the guy both shows up and does the work properly. Oh, and I know what you mean. I was feeling a bit guilty enjoying our little storm Sunday night while knowing there were people out there huddled in shelters or worse, potentially losing their homes (or having already done so).
I never thought of trying to find a mop bucket in a color I really like. I truly hate mopping, but I wonder if that might make it a little better.
I hope your windows are taken care of soon. I can't imagine what that does to your power bill.
Danielle:
It's worth a try; anything you can do to make usually boring or annoying tasks more fun or appealing is worth doing.
Post a Comment