Friday, July 06, 2018

#FurkidFriday: A Lilie The #Westie Medical And Grooming Update - July 2018

Hi everyone. This is Lilie the Westie.

I thought you'd like to know that my sores have all healed up now. I'm still scratching more than I probably should, but at least I've not got any nasty sores, which means I don't need to have that cream stuff put on me any more.

But, the humans are keeping hold of what's left of the cream stuff, just in case I need it again any time soon.

I almost ended up back at the vet for something else though.

I went to the doggy groomer last week to get my nails trimmed, because I don't manage to wear them down well myself... It's common for us smaller breeds of dog to have that problem. Anyway, I moved just as he was cutting one of them, and he accidentally cut me a little. It wasn't really my fault. The lady groomer had been going to do my nails, but she wasn't very confident doing so, and her nervousness got me all worked up, so I was still a bit agitated, even though he'd taken over the job of doing my nails when she was failing to manage it.

Anyhow, I bled a little bit from it, but he managed to stop it quickly, so I didn't bleed much, and was - and still am - fine afterwards. If he hadn't managed to stop it quickly, I'd have had to be rushed to the vet immediately, which would not have been a good thing, despite my love of vet visits. So, we're glad he did manage to stop it as quickly as he did.

Speaking of the doggy groomer though: I have an appointment to go in for the full grooming treatment - haircut included - on September 4th at 10:30am. Just thought I'd mention that, in case you're interested.

Lots of licks,
Lilie

6 comments:

Jeanie said...

Good news on the sores, not so good on the cut. Always something, isn't it. But especially good about healing.

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
Yeah, always something. But healing is good.

Lots of licks,
Lilie

Rita said...

Glad the sores have gone away. Sounds like they cut the quick in your nail. It's the same thing cutting cats nails or birds nails. If you don't get the bleeding stopped they have to go to the vet right away. Glad you were okay. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Yes, that's exactly what it was. Luckily though they got it stopped really quickly.

Lots of licks,
Lilie

IntenseGuy said...

I bet that hurt though. You are a good dog to let them stop the bleeding.

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
I always try to be a good dog. It doesn't work out all the time, but I do try real hard.

Lots of licks,
Lilie