Wednesday, September 19, 2018

#WriterWednesday: #Quotes About #Writing - September 2018 #WednesdayWisdom

Exercise the writing muscle every day, even if it is only a letter, notes, a title list, a character sketch, a journal entry. Writers are like dancers, like athletes. Without that exercise, the muscles seize up.
~Jane Yolen

Imagination is like a muscle. I found out that the more I wrote, the bigger it got.
~Philip José Farmer

Inspiration comes and goes, creativity is the result of practice.
~ Phil Cousineau

Start writing, no matter what. The water does not flow until the faucet is turned on.
~Louis L'Amour

You don’t start out writing good stuff. You start out writing crap and thinking it’s good stuff, and then gradually you get better at it. That’s why I say one of the most valuable traits is persistence.
~Octavia E. Butler

I think it’s fairly common for writers to be afflicted with two simultaneous yet contradictory delusions – the burning certainty that we’re unique geniuses and the constant fear that we’re witless frauds who are speeding toward epic failure.
~Scott Lynch

It was all in my head and now all I had to do was figure out a way to get it down on paper.
~Ann Patchett

Love is the answer to everything. It's the only reason to do anything. If you don't write stories you love, you'll never make it. If you don't write stories that other people love, you'll never make it.
~Ray Bradbury

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

Wonderful writing quotes and most apply equally well to painting/visual art too!

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
Very true. Most of them can apply to any form of art. Glad you enjoyed the quotes.