Friday, November 16, 2018

#FurkidFriday: A #Chinchilla #Video And #Photos

Hi everyone. This is Mollie the chinchilla.

First of all, here's a video clip of me and Maizie in our cage. Well, mostly you can see Maizie, who's jumping about, as usual. Sorry it's not a great quality video. I hope you enjoy it anyway.







The human caretakers managed to get a photo of me nibbling on the willow ball I got for my birthday last month. In fact, they got a few photos of me and Maizie that day. So I thought I'd share the photos with you.

This first one was when the Mummy human was giving me my willow ball:


Next, here I am with my Willow ball, while Maizie watches from a higher level:


I was nice, and let her come share my willow ball...


Sorry I took so long to share the photos. Everyone had lots to say, so I had to wait to get a turn on this thing. I hope getting to see photos and a video of me and Maizie was worth the delay.

Oh, and... Yes. There was oatmeal and raisins on my birthday. In fact, here are a couple of photos of us enjoying them. The first is just Maizie, the second is both of us.


It was a great day!

Squeak soon,
Mollie

4 comments:

IntenseGuy said...

The video is good. You look bigger than I had envisioned. Maybe Mommy human can measure you and give us an idea about how big you are?

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
No way they'll be able to measure either of us. We won't stay still long enough for them to do that properly. Plus, we'd probably try to eat the measuring tape.

As a rough estimate though, we're a little under 12 inches long (not counting our tails) though look a little bigger because of all the fur. We can curl ourselves up to be only a little more than half our size though, and stretch out to seem like we're almost twice the size we really are.

Squeak soon,
Mollie

Rita said...

I didn't realize how big they were, either! They look so happy with all the goodies and nice cage with places to jump to and snuggle into. The video was fine. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Thanks about the video. I was worried about it.

Yeah, they're a fair size. Though you don't notice it too much when you hold them, because they're so light.