Thursday, August 01, 2019

#AmReading + #AmWatching - August 1st 2019 #Reviews

There is no friend as loyal as a book.
~Ernest Hemingway

It's time to take a look at what I've been reading and watching during this past week.

If you want to know more about the book, or the author, click on whichever it is you want to learn more about, and it will take you to the appropriate page on Goodreads. Clicking on my rating should take you to my actual Goodreads review for the book in question. Please bear in mind that the format I've reviewed on Goodreads may not be the format I actually read.

Alternatively, if it's a movie or TV show you want to know more about, just click on the title to go to a page where you can find out more details about the movie or TV show in question; the title links will usually take you to a page on IMDB.

Don't forget: I read and watch things across multiple genres, as well as for different age ranges, so you should always check before reading or viewing, to make certain something is suitable for the intended audience, especially when children are involved.

OK...

Here's what I read this week:

Fortune's Fool (Five Hundred Kingdoms, #3)Fortune's Fool by Mercedes Lackey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
This wasn't my favourite of this series so far, because I felt the tradition was too easily sent in the direction the characters wanted, taking away some of the potential conflict and tension. Besides that I really enjoyed it though, and I do think it's a nice addition to the series, hence the good rating.

As for what I've been watching:

I watched an episode of Time Team when it was on TV the other day, which I enjoyed (as I usually do). It was an old episode, though I'm pretty sure I haven't seen it before, since I didn't remember it. They had some fantastic Roman and Saxon finds, which were interesting to hear about.

I also watched an episode of Bull when it was on TV the other day. It's a new to me TV show. I thought it was good, but not great. It was interesting how the psychological side of a crime was explored more than it generally is in these kinds of shows. But that was pretty much all it had going for it (besides the actor who plays the main character, since I like him from watching him as Tony in NCIS). Sorry, Michael Weatherly. You're a great actor, and it's nothing to do with your acting skills. But I give this TV show three out of five stars.

That's all. I didn't watch anything else. No movies, and no other TV shows - new to me or otherwise.

2 comments:

Rita said...

I haven't seen Bull but I really enjoy Time Machine! ;0

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Not surprised you enjoy Time Team. ;)