This past Saturday was a cold and blustery day. Something we've had many of. Thankfully it wasn't one of the wet ones we've also had a lot of lately though, since it was the day of this year's Frost Fair, which is the event that kicks off all the Christmas/Winter celebration stuff in our town.
It happens really close to us. In fact, the parade passes not far from us (for some reason they no longer just go along the seafront when they're doing parades for our local events, so we can't watch from the window so easily any more). But I didn't go to it, because the parade involves drums, and Lilie still gets a bit freaked out by those. She's not so bad if she's up in one of our arms. But it would have been tough for Kelly to use the camera while holding her, and tough for me to keep an excited Logan under control while holding her. So Kelly went alone to get me a few photos to share with you all, as well as a couple of videos we could all enjoy (me with headphones, because of Lilie). I could just about hear it over Logan's excited barking from home, while cuddling Lilie to comfort her, but only just. Thankfully, I got to hear it better with the clips Kelly got.
Anyway, here are the photos:
And here are those video clips:
4 comments:
I love things like this -- festivals that celebrate the holidays. The parade looks fun. I can see why it wasn't a good event for Lilie, but three cheers to Kelly!
Jeanie:
Glad you enjoyed getting to see the parade. I love things like this too, so was glad Kelly could go get me some clips of it, which allowed me to enjoy it without upsetting Lilie as much.
Wow! What costumes! Thanks for sharing. :)
Rita:
You're welcome... Glad you enjoyed seeing them. :)
Post a Comment