Friday, December 13, 2019

#FurkidFriday: Joshua The #Degu And Mollie The #Chinchilla Write To #SantaPaws - The #Rodents' 2019 #Christmas Letters

Hi everyone. This is Joshua the degu.



The human caretakers say it's getting close to the time when Santa Paws comes to visit. They've even set up those things they call "Christmas decorations" ready for his visit. I've never actually seen him, or figured out if he appreciates the colourful decorations - even though I'm nearly seven now, and look for him every year - but I know he does visit in the cold time, because I see the toys and nibbles he leaves. The human caretakers always seem to know when he'll be doing it too, which is amazing. I don't know how they know, but since they do, I'm going to trust them, and assume he really is coming soon.

So, since that's the case, me and my chinchilla sister, Mollie, have written letters for him, which I thought I'd share with you today. I'll share mine first, and then Mollie's letter after mine. I hope you enjoy them.

Squeak soon,
Joshua

***~~~***

Dear Santa Paws,

The human caretakers say it's almost time for you to come visit again, so I thought I'd write you a letter, even though I actually don't really know what I want you to bring me this year.

I'd love to get toys and a nibble or two, of course. Who wouldn't? But I really don't mind what kinds, as long as I get included. And I know you won't leave me out, will you, Santa Paws? After all, I'm a very good degu. I play quietly by myself, don't squeal for the human caretakers unless I really have to - some storms are just too scary for me not to squeal when they happen - and let the human caretakers pet me most days. Even on days when I can't face being petted, I don't bite or anything, but instead just back away if I don't want to be touched by the hand entering my cage. See... I'm a good degu! So you will bring me something, won't you, Santa Paws? Even though I don't know what I want...

Squeak soon,
Joshua

***~~~***

Dear Santa Paws,

I've been a very good chinchilla this year. I mean, I sometimes get a bit cranky if the Mummy human sends that Daddy human to feed me instead of doing it herself. But that's because it's meant to be her that does it, and I don't like things changed about. There was enough of a change when Maizie went across the rainbow bridge, and I found myself living in this cage all by myself. But I didn't complain. I was upset, but who wouldn't be? After all, we'd been together for about three years, and I still don't understand why she went to the rainbow bridge place. But, like I said, I didn't complain. In fact, I didn't even complain when they brought that new dog home, even though I don't know why they'd want even one dog, let alone two, and he's a bit big for my liking.

Anyway, since I've been so good, can I please have some more toys and things to gnaw on, because that's fun and good for my teeth at the same time. Plus, some actual nibbles would be great. I don't mind what kind.

Squeak soon,
Mollie

2 comments:

Rita said...

I think you will both get your Christmas wishes, ;)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Oh, good! I hope you're right.

Squeak soon,
Joshua