Thursday, May 07, 2020

#AmReading + #AmWatching + #AmListening - Media Shares And #Reviews 07-05-20

There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island.
~Walt Disney

Welcome to this week's weekly media shares and reviews post!

*Disclaimer: no matter what's being reviewed, all opinions in this post are entirely my own, and I reserve the right to have them, regardless of who may or may not share them. Feel free to express your own in the comments, but please respect my right - and the rights of other commenters - to have opinions that might differ from yours, and to express those opinions too.

Also, please remember that I read/watch/listen to things in a variety of genres, and for all ages, so you should make sure you check that the book/movie/show/song is suitable for the intended audience before reading/watching/listening to it, especially if children are involved. I take no responsibility for anything which may happen as a result of failing to do so.

If you want to know more about the book, or the author, click on whichever it is you want to learn more about, and it will take you to the appropriate page on Goodreads. Clicking on my rating should take you to my actual Goodreads review for the book in question. Please bear in mind that the format I've reviewed on Goodreads may not be the format I actually read.

Alternatively, if it's a movie or TV show you want to know more about, just click on the title to go to a page where you can find out more details about the movie or TV show in question; the title links will usually take you to a page on IMDB.

Unless otherwise stated, all music videos are via YouTube.


OK. Let's see what I've been reading, watching, and listening to, and which song I'm going to share this week, shall we? After all, that's the point of this post, and why you're here today, right?

  • Reading:
This week I've been reading the fifth "Outlander" book, which is called "The Fiery Cross" (and is by Diana Gabaldon, obviously).  I haven't finished it though, despite having started it more than a week ago now, since it's a very long book.  I should finish it during this next week though.

  • Watching:
This week I watched a couple more "Game Of Thrones" episodes.  I'm now about half way through season 5.

I also watched "Lady And The Tramp" (the 2019 version) which was a new to me movie.  It's different in many ways to the original version, with some of the changes being improvements, and others not.  They balanced out in my opinion though, and as a result I think both are as good as each other.  Depending on how you feel about beloved movies being changed you may or may not agree.  But, if you loved the old animated version - or haven't seen either, but love dogs - you should definitely give the new one a watch.  Personally, I give it five out of five stars.

  • Listening:
This week I've been listening to a variety of music: 80s music, country music, panpipes, and several songs posted on the various YouTube channels I follow - the latter of which involves a lot of Disney music.  So, quite a mixture, which made deciding on a tune to post this week tricky... Which genre should I pick? Well, in the end I decided to go with a fun little 80s tune, and a reminder from me, Paul McCartney, and the frog chorus, that we need to stand together - even if only spiritually and virtually, since the need for social distancing makes doing so physically impossible and unwise.
    

    

4 comments:

Danielle L Zecher said...

I think that was the last book I read in the Outlander series, but I'm not sure. They just got way too tedious for me.

I still haven't seen the new Lady & The Tramp movie, but I want to. Actually, it has been a really long time since I've watched the old one too. Glad to hear you think they're equally good. Disney seems to do a good job of not stepping on the original when they do a re-make.

Victoria Zigler said...

Danielle:
I'm still really enjoying the Outlander books, since I like all those little details. I can see why some people would feel otherwise if they aren't so interested though, or if extremely long books aren't their thing, since I swear they're getting longer with every book.

I agree about the Disney remakes.

Jeanie said...

I just got a DVD from a friend of Lady and the Tramp that I'm hoping to one day share with the toddlers. That and Peter Pan. Someday...

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
Luckily, you're never too old to enjoy a Disney movie. At least, I don't think so. I hope it will be some day soon though.