Friday, May 15, 2020

Lilie Shares The May 2020 #Pet #Photo Shoot And Update - #Westie #Cavapoo #Tortoise #Chinchilla

Hi everyone.  This is Lilie the Westie.

We're all doing OK here healthwise.

Mummy says I'm going to be having my shots in June with Logan instead of at the end of May, since the vet wanted them postponed a bit to give them time to figure out a system for getting things like that done while also observing social distancing rules - whatever that means.

They say it's not a big deal for me to wait a bit, since there's a couple of months wiggle room with booster shots anyhow.  Plus, it means mine and Logan's vet trips will be due at the same time afterwards,  which will make things easier on Mummy, since we can just do the vet trips together, instead of her and Daddy taking it in turns to do vet trips with a dog.  Personally I kind of like the individual vet trips, since I'm then center of attention.  But never mind.

Anyway, Logan and I have appointments for shots and a checkup on June 23rd at 10:45am and 11:00am.  Mummy says we have the two slots to give time for us both to get a proper checkup without other people waiting for us to be done.  Something about how social distancing rules mean they want as few people at the vet as possible.  Shame... I like making friends during vet visits.

Mummy says the new rules may also mean she and Daddy have to wait in the waiting room while the vets take us dogs in to the examination room.  Daddy says he wishes them the best of luck in getting Logan to go along with that plan, and I'm with him on that one, since Logan's usual behaviour on realizing Mummy isn't with him is to sit down and refuse to move.  If he does that, I expect they'll just pick him up though.  He might be bigger than me now, but he's still small enough to be picked up.  Even Mummy can do it, and she can't even throw a ball very far.

Mummy also spoke to someone called an, "Exotic vet," and made an appointment for Artemis to see him.  She says the one who saw the degus is back, so she made the appointment with him, because she likes him.  The tortoise has an appointment for July 21st at 2:30pm.  Only Mummy will go to that appointment with her though, and Logan will have to put up with staying home with me and Daddy, whether he likes it or not.

Mummy brought a special box for Artemis to ride to the vet in.  It's plastic with a bit that lifts up on the top where Mummy can put the tortoise in to it before locking Artemis inside, and has handles so Mummy can carry it easily.  It's loads better than the cardboard box with holes in Artemis came home in.  Mummy says it's meant for rodents, but it looks like it will work just fine for the tortoise.  Mummy's going to put some hay in it so it's a bit more comfortable for Artemis.  I didn't know they made pet carriers for rodents.  Mummy didn't either until she found this by accident.  Maybe she should also get one for Mollie? I'd show you what it looks like, but I don't have a photo of it.

I do have some new photos of us to share with you today though.  Mummy took photos of us with the flashy thing on her phone while she was playing with us on the sofa last week.  Well, me, Logan, and Artemis (who thinks the sofa is a good napping place, so decided to nap instead of playing).  Mollie was sleeping in her cage at the time, but Mummy felt bad she wasn't included, so Daddy took one of her afterwards, when she got up in the evening.  They were all taken on May 8th though.

Mummy thought some new photos of us would be appreciated right now, especially with everything going on - whatever that means - so here they are:


Lots of licks,
Lilie

4 comments:

Rita said...

I think that will be really nice to have both of your vet visits at the same time. If Mama is happy, everybody is happy. ;)

Nice pictures of everybody! :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Yes, I agree about everyone being happy if Mummy is. ;)

Glad you liked the photos.

Lots of licks,
Lilie

Danielle L Zecher said...

Y'all are so cute! Our vets have also instituted a no humans in the exam room policy. It's another one of those necessary things I will be so happy to see become unnecessary.

Victoria Zigler said...

Danielle:
Thanks... Yes, we are cute.

We'll be glad when that doesn't have to happen any more and Mummy and Daddy are allowed in the room with us too.

Lots of licks,
Lilie