Friday, May 08, 2020

Lilie The #Westie And The Scheduled Scary Noises

Hi everyone. This is Lilie the Westie.

The weird things the humans are doing lately are just piling up.

Well, this one isn't something Mummy and Daddy are doing, but they seem to know about it, and are ready to try and comfort us when it happens every Thursday at 8:00pm - especially my little Cavapoo brother, Logan, who gets really scared. Not that I like it much myself, to be honest. But the biggest part of my problem is that I don't like how upset Logan is by it all. At least, that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it.

I also don't like how someone upset Mummy when they found out she wasn't joining in with it and got cross at her. She tried explaining that it wasn't that she doesn't want to do it, but that she needs to comfort us, and we have to come first. I think it's a good thing she feels that way, but not everyone agrees, and some people are trying to make her feel bad for it. I wish they wouldn't... Almost as much as I wish the noise wouldn't keep happening.

The thing making all the noise is something called, "Clap for the NHS," - Mummy told me so. The NHS is something to do with the people vet - though I'm not sure what, because I didn't understand that part - and people are meant to clap for them because of how they're trying to help deal with Avirus. Although, people aren't just clapping. They're also banging pots, beeping car horns, shouting, and sometimes also setting off fireworks. It makes a lot of noise, and is really scary to even the bravest of us animals. Even all the wild birds - most of which are seagulls around here - get super scared during it all, and it takes a lot to scare away a seagull.

So, instead of clapping, Mummy is curled in the middle of the big bed, with her arms around me and Logan, trying to comfort us, while we whine and bark, and Logan trembles with fright. And someone said she should be clapping instead.

Well, I don't think she should be. Logan and I need her.

Luckily, Mollie just hides in her house quietly until it's over, and Artemis is usually dug in by that time so doesn't notice all the fuss, because I don't know what Mummy would do if she needed to try and comfort all four of us, since we all want her and not Daddy. The others always want Mummy most, but even I want Mummy when this is going on, even though I'm Daddy's girl, because she sings to us to try and distract us from the noise, and I like that. Daddy can't sing, but Mummy sings nice, and sometimes even makes up songs with us in them. We like that.

Although, we'd like it best if there was no scary noise to start with.

Lots of licks,
Lilie

8 comments:

Rita said...

All that hoise would be scary. Glad your Mummy is staying inside to be with you and sing. :)

Jeanie said...

I never thought of clapping as scary. Not like fireworks. A person's gotta do what a person's gotta do.

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
I'm glad she is too.

Lots of licks,
Lilie

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
It's not much fun if it's just one person clapping, but isn't too bad. But once you have lots of people doing it, it's suddenly quite a lot of scary noise. It's also made worse by people banging pots, beeping car horns, etc, at the same time. To some animals - such as dogs like Logan - even just one person clapping is scary though. Mummy tried it, and he goes nuts, even if it's just her doing it.

Lots of licks,
Lilie

R's Rue said...

Hugs.

Victoria Zigler said...

Thanks, R's Rue.

Lots of licks,
Lilie

Roscoe said...

Roscoe here, Lillie.
Whatever your Mam thinks is right is how it should be. People are too interested in what other people Should be doing, and it’s none of their business. My Mam didn’t want to clap because she’s still angry about people voting for the man who didn’t want the NHS. Now he needs them. I think that’s what she says, anyway, I may have got it mixed up.
They sometimes hoot and make car noises, but it’s not too noisy here. There’s sometimes fireworks, which is a bit strange, because we always got fireworks for weddings each week. Mam would get angry about that too.
But your Mam should definitely keep you comforted.
Love to Mollie
Geordie Roscoe, the handsome guinea pig.

Victoria Zigler said...

Roscoe:
Thanks for stopping by to comment. Mollie hasn't had a turn to do a post in a couple of weeks, but you know she's OK since she commented on your post yesterday. I'll tell her you said, "Hi," and send your love though.

If you got what your Mam thinks right, Mummy says she thinks your Mam has a very good point, and doesn't blame her in the least for feeling that way. I'm a little confused about a lot of this myself though. This whole Avirus situation is strange, and I don't like it. It's making the humans act weirder than usual, and I smell lots of fear all the time.

I'm glad the noises aren't quite as bad where you are, but wish they'd stop where we both are. So does Mummy, and I bet your Mam does too.

Lots of licks,
Lilie