Along with writing a few new poems - including the one Lilie and I posted last week -I managed to finish the formatting for the versions of "Snowlilie's Brother" - the story inspired by Lilie and Logan - over the past couple of weeks.
To be honest, I officially could have done a release for today, or even this coming weekend, so as to make it in time for my original deadline of the end of May. It wouldn't have been too difficult, since the Smashwords version was already uploaded by this time last week, and the Kindle edition and distributed versions weren't far behind. But I decided not to. For one thing, holding off until early June gave me time to guarantee I'd have more than just the Smashwords and Amazon links for the eBook versions ready for the announcement post, and for another it allowed me to release the book on the anniversary of when Logan joined our family. Considering Logan joining the family is what the story is all about, I thought the first anniversary of when Logan came home was an appropriate date, and might have even aimed for that date in the first place if I'd thought about it before. So, "Snowlilie's Brother" is to be officially released on June 9th 2020. The eBook version anyhow, since the audio and paperback versions will take a bit longer to organize. In fact, the eBook version is already available to pre-order from some of the places; feel free to check out the Smashwords and Kindle versions I've linked to in this paragraph if you'd like to pre-order a copy, or even just have a sneak peek at the cover and book blurb.
No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world. ~Robin Williams
OK. Let’s see what I have to share with you this week.
Blogging:
The writing process, and writing life in general:
"When stories nestle in the body, the soul comes forth."
~Deena Metzger
~Deena Metzger
Poetry writing:
"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very quiet if only those birds sing there that sang best."
~Henry Van Dyke
~Henry Van Dyke
Characters:
Random writing tips:
"A writer’s duty is to register what it is like for him or her to be in the world."
~Zadie Smith
~Zadie Smith
Editing:
The dreaded 'E' word = Editing"Every little detail you can smuggle with you into your fiction makes your world more real to your reader."
~Neil Gaiman
Publishing:
The business side of writing:
"Trust your reader. Not everything needs to be explained. If you really
know something, and breathe life into it, they'll know it too."
~Esther Freud
Don't forget: my books are still on sale, though only for a few more days. So, grab my poetry and children's stories for $2.00 or less - in some cases completely free - via Smashwords by going to my Smashwords author profile. But hurry, because you only have a few more days, since the sale ends this coming Sunday (May 31st 2020).
2 comments:
The Zadie Smith and Neal Gaiman quotes are particularly resonating with me today. Thanks, Tori.
Jeanie:
You're welcome. :)
Post a Comment