A classic is a book that has never finished saying what it has to say.
~Italo Calvino
***~~~***
Welcome to this week's weekly media shares and reviews post!
*~*
*Disclaimer: no matter what's being reviewed, all opinions in this post are entirely my own, and I reserve the right to have them, regardless of who may or may not share them. Feel free to express your own in the comments, but please respect my right - and the rights of other commenters - to have opinions that might differ from yours, and to express those opinions too.
Also, please remember that I read/watch/listen to things in a variety of genres, and for all ages, so you should make sure you check that the book/movie/show/song is suitable for the intended audience before reading/watching/listening to it, especially if children are involved. I take no responsibility for anything which may happen as a result of failing to do so.
***~~~***
OK. Let's see what I've been reading, watching, and listening to, and which song I'm going to share this week, shall we? After all, that's the point of this post, and why you're here today, right?
*~*
- Reading:
Despite reading a fantastic book, I struggled to get much reading done during the past week, so this week I only read one book. Well, technically only finished the one I started last week, so not even a whole book if you want to be technical. But still... I have a review for you, so here's what I read, along with my book review.
HMS Lanternfish (The Lanternfish, #2)
by C.S. Boyack
My rating: five out of five stars
I was eager to read this book, having read the first in the trilogy. I was not disappointed. It was a well-written entertaining and action-packed read, with a plot that moves at a nice pace and keeps you guessing, an awesome cast of characters - especially those root monsters, which I'm so glad to see make a return in the pages of this book - and plenty of evidence that the author has a wonderful imagination. Had it not been for life stuff getting in the way, I could have happily devoured this book in one sitting. I highly recommend this series, especially if you enjoy a good pirate adventure story. I can't wait to see what the crew get up to - or get themselves in to - in the third installment of the trilogy!
*~*
- Watching:
This week I watched the rest of season 4 of "Outlander" and started season 5. I did plan on watching more of "Game Of Thrones" too, since I still need to finish season 7 and watch season 8 of that, but I didn't get to it. So, just some "Outlander" episodes again this week.
*~*
- Listening:
This week I haven't been listening to any music. But with how this month - in fact, this year - has been going, I think R.E.M "Everybody Hurts" is an appropriate song right now. So, here it is. Not sure what the video itself is like, but I'm sharing it anyhow, because the words of the song fit.
6 comments:
Yes, an appropriate song for these times we live in.
I really enjoyed both Outlander and Game of Thrones, but never read the books. Sometimes the shows are so different from the books it is hard to compare really. I was one of the few, apparently, who felt the ending to Game of Thrones was appropriate to the characters...not to what I might have wished but to who there were. So I'll be curious as to what you think when you get there. ;)
These are wonderful quotes and as Rita said, a very appropriate song for these odd days!
Rita:
Yes, I thought it a very appropriate song. Glad you agree. Or possibly not glad, since I wish it wasn't so appropriate right now.
Anyway, yes, the books and shows are usually at least a bit different, but both can be good. Anyway, I'll let you know what I think of the ending of "Game of Thrones" when I get a chance to watch it (which will hopefully be soon).
Jeanie:
Like I said to Rita, I'm both glad and not glad you agree it's appropriate... Glad you agree in general, but sorry it's so appropriate.
Sorry this post slipped by me. I was kind of busy for the last few weeks. Lanternfish is fun to write, but there is some work involved, too. I need to change a bit of what readers are used to for the conclusion, but I’m pretty sure I can make it work. Thanks for continuing with the series, and I’m so glad you enjoyed it.
Craig:
No apology needed, and you're welcome... Thanks for another fantastic read. :)
Post a Comment