Hi everyone. This is Lilie the Westie.
Like everyone else has told you: we live downstairs now. Well, not all the way downstairs, because Poppy and Elvis the Jack Russels live all the way downstairs with their humans. But downstairs from where we lived before anyhow, and Mummy calls it, "Moving downstairs," when she talks about it, so I guess I can call it that too.
We like downstairs, because we can see out of the windows without having to wait for someone to lift us up, and there's not so many steps between us and outside. Me and Logan don't really mind about the steps as such, but less steps means Mummy is willing to do more walkies, which makes less steps a very good thing. Also, some stuff is in different places, and that's changed how some things work. Like how it's harder to try and play with my chinchilla sister, Mollie, because we only get to go in where her cage is sometimes. Apart from those things though - plus some different smells we got to investigate when we first got brought down here - living downstairs is just like living upstairs as far as me and Logan are concerned.
~
It’s not all been window views and walkies though, because I also had to go to the vet. I shouldn’t have needed to go again yet, but my paws were all itchy, and I was biting at them so much I was being sick, so Daddy took me to the vet. Not that I’m complaining, because I love vet trips!
Anyway, the vet says I have something called, “Skin irritation,” and gave Daddy stuff for me. I have to have pills in the morning, and stuff put on my paws in the evening. I don’t mind too much, because I get some ham with the pills, and I don’t mind baths. Although, I do wish I didn’t have to wait forever for the stuff to get rinsed off my paws (Mummy says it’s only five minutes, but it feels like forever to me).
I can’t tell you if it’s helping my paws yet, because I only saw the vet a couple of days ago, so it’s too soon to know.
Mummy and Daddy are real proud of me though, because I’m not making a fuss, and take my pills and put up with the stuff going on my paws willingly. Hey, it gets me some ham and attention, so why should I complain?
Oh, and... No. My itchy issue is nothing to do with the new place. It's something that happens to Westies quite often. Sometimes when we're still kind of young, like I am (I'll be three and a half next month) and sometimes when we get old. Not all Westies, but enough of my breed that it's on the list of common Westie health issues. Mummy and Daddy are just hoping they caught it in time to control it and keep it from being a big enough problem for me that it affects my quality of life. So far I'm fine otherwise, including still being waggy-tailed and full of energy and enthusiasm. So, so far so good.
Lots of licks,
Lilie
4 comments:
I am glad you like your new place and hope the itchies go away for good! :)
Rita:
Thanks... Me too! So far I'm still real itchy though.
Lots of licks,
Lilie
I hope the itching goes away soon. That's no fun at all.
Jeanie:
Thanks, and you're right... It's no fun at all!
Lots of licks,
Lilie
Post a Comment