Wednesday, August 26, 2020

#WriterWednesday 26-08-20; A #Pet Themed #Audiobook + Writerly #Quotes And Links

For those who missed last week's post: "Snowlilie's Brother" is now available in audio, narrated by Claire Golden Drake.  You can find purchase links in the post I just linked to, but here's the direct link to buy it on Audible anyhow.

 

*~*~*

 

“The idea of wandering off to a cafe with a notebook and writing & seeing where that takes me for awhile is just bliss.”
~J K Rowling    

 

OK.  Well... I have nothing more to say about my own writing right now.  However, I finally had a chance to sort several of those writerly posts and articles from the past month or so (though I do still have a bunch to go through).  With that being the case, let's see what I have to share with you from them so far, shall we?

 

“I don’t have to live in the real world—I'm a fiction writer.”

~Aaron Sorkin

 

The writing process, and writing life in general:

Aristotle gave us more than philosophy

Where was I? #Multitasking

Why you need to write less (every now and then)

7 tips to co-authoring without violence... Hopefully

Self-expression in creative writing

10 tips for writing for other people when you're used to writing for yourself

  Why we're so bad at knowing if our own work is good or not

 

“If you're not loving what you're writing, take a look at why and fix that.”
~Roxane Gay

 

Random writing tips:

7 tips to putting ice cream in fiction

7 tips to writing desert adventures: don't forget the sand

Using hetorical devices in your writing

 

“Sometimes writing is just rubbing words together long enough to make a fire.”
~Gillian Marchenko

 

Characters:

The nutshell protagonist

Expanssion pack: the crucible

Creating memorable animal characters

The physical description: a necessary & surprisingly difficult piece

7 tips to writing a physical description that works 

 


“Write. Just write. Start. And read as much as you can. Read widely and read different things, and sometimes while immersed in the multitude voices of others, you just might find your own.”

~Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

 

Poetry writing:

How to construe and convey tone in poetry

5 strong rhetorical devices to use in your poetry

 

“Words are events, they do things, change things. They transform both speaker and hearer.”
~Ursula K. Le Guin

 

Formatting and editing:

Homophones, homonyms, and homographs

Chapter breaks and titles: what are our options?

How to publish with KDP, part 12: how to edit your eBook

  

“The secret: Do good work and share it with people.”

~Austin Kleon

 

Publishing:

Choosing a book title

Coming up with a unique book title

How to publish with KDP, part 13: how to upload your paperback

How to publish with KDP, part 14: how to review and preview your paperback 

To pre-order or not - that is the question

 

“We live and breathe words.”
~Cassandra Clare

 

Audiobook production:

Sound check: Audio Lab launches on ACX 


“Your writing voice is the deepest possible reflection of who you are. The job of your voice is not to seduce or flatter or make well-shaped sentences. In your voice, your readers should be able to hear the contents of your mind, your heart, your soul.”
~Meg Rosoff

 

Book reviews:

 Writing a book review

 

“The moment you grab someone by the lapels and you've got something to tell, that's a story.”~F O'Connor


2 comments:

Jeanie said...

I love the one that begins Write! (And read widely) that's important.

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
Yes, it is.