Tuesday, September 01, 2020

Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award From Cat

I was nominated for this award by Cat over at The Strawberry Post.


As with all these kinds of awards, there are rules that go along with it, and here are the ones for this particular award:

1. Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to his/her blog.
2. Answer their questions.
3. Nominate up to 9 other bloggers and ask them 5 new questions.
4. Notify the nominees through their blog by visiting and commenting on their blog.
5. List the rules and display the “Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award” logo.
6. Provide the link of the award creator of Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award as Rising Star from https://idealinspiration.blog/

 

First of all: thank you Cat! :)


I haven't included the logo, because grabbing it wasn't working, and I gave up.  So, if you want to see it - and grab it for yourself if you need it - go check out Cat's post here.  In fact, you might want to go do that once you're done here anyhow, since she's got a great blog.


***~~~***


OK, so... Here are the questions I was asked, along with my answers:


1. Who in your life has been an inspiration to you?
 

 My brother, Carl.  He lost his sight at the age of two, and seeing how much he did with no sight helped me see that losing mine wouldn't be the end of doing all the things I loved, but only the reason I had to do them differently.  Sure, there are some things we really can't do (at least, not without sighted help).  But most things just require adaptation.  Thanks to Carl, I learned that long before the prediction I would lose my sight too came true.

 

2. What advice would you give your younger self?
 

It doesn't matter.  I wouldn't have taken it anyhow.  I'm one of those people who has to learn the hard way.  Besides, though I have some regrets, and sometimes wish I'd done some things differently, if I had the chance I wouldn't go back and change things anyhow, because there's no guarantee doing so would put me in a better situation than I currently find myself in, and there are things I wouldn't want to risk losing by changing my past.

 

3. Where do you hope to be/what do you want to achieve in a year from now?
 

I just want to be living somewhere where I know I won't be needing to worry about moving again any time soon, where me and my petkids will be left alone to go about our day.  Read the post I have scheduled for this coming Friday and you'll understand why this is my answer. 

 

4. What do you like to do to relax/unwind?
 

Mostly read, watch movies or TV shows, and spend time with my petkids.  Cuddle time with Lilie and Logan is always comforting, and it's hard to be stressful when you're hanging out with Artemis, so she's great for some hygge moments.  I also enjoy a nice bubble bath (with or without scented candles or insence) and quiet moments listening to nature sounds (especially the sound of the ocean).

 

5. What do you love about blogging?


I love how I get to "meet" friends from all over the world through it, sharing much more than the short social media posts allow for.  I've learned a lot through blogging, and shared in the ups and downs of the lives of many people I consider friends - even if I've met very few of them in person.  I stepped away from blogging for a while, and it's one of the things from my past I regret - even though I felt it was the right thing to do at the time, and would most likely do it again if given a chance to do things over only knowing what I did then - because I lost touch with some people through it.  I'm glad I came back to it, and that some of my bloggy friends were there to welcome me back though.

 

***~~~***

 

Now I'm going to cheat a little, and hope Cat doesn't mind about the second part of it.

 

I know some people who read my blog might want to play along, while others consider their blogs award free zones.  There are people from both camps I'd like to nominate, and picking is difficult.  So, instead I'm going to fall back on my usual tagging response, and say that if you're someone who knows I read your blog regularly, and you haven't yet been nominated for this award, you should consider yourself nominated, and play along if you want to.  I won't be offended if you don't, but I hope some of you do.

 

As for the part I hope Cat doesn't mind my doing: since I think her questions are great ones, am curious about how others would answer them, and can't think of better ones right now, if you decide to play along, I'd like you to answer the same questions I was given.

6 comments:

Cat Strawberry said...

Wonderful answers and of course I don't mind if you don't tag anyone or use the same questions :). Wow, I didn't know you had a brother who also has sight problems. It must be so wonderful to have someone like that to look to when things got difficult. I don't have any siblings so although some people like my mum inspire me, I've unfortunately never had a sibling connection.
I hope things will be easier for you from now on, no more moving or stress from landlords :)

Jeanie said...

Smart idea not to tag, although I loved your answers and this is a fun meme. I do enjoy learning more about my blog friends!

Rita said...

Fun to read and congrats! You know I don't do tags--especially since I have only blogged one a week this year until recently when I didn't blog at all for five weeks--but they are great to learn more about you. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Cat:
I didn't think you'd mind, but good to know you don't. Anyway, glad you enjoyed reading my answers, and thanks again for tagging me. :)

Yeah, me and the youngest of my brothers - we're a little over a year apart in age; he's older than me - have the same eye condition, though his was more advanced when he was born, and then he was in a car accident at the age of two that robbed him of the sight he actually did have.

Unfortunately, the wish for no more stress and moving will have to wait. Pop over and read Friday's post, and you'll understand why I say that.

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
I'm glad you enjoyed reading my answers. Feel free to play along and consider yourself tagged if you like. If not... Well, that's fine too.:)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Yeah, I know you don't do these things. Glad you enjoy reading my answers when I do them though. :)