Friday, April 17, 2009

Furkid friday: Kero's fascinating life

Hello humans. It's time for me to shove the humans I allow to live with me off the computer chair, and take over this blog thing again. I'm sure you're all eager to hear about my fascinating life.

The humans have been doing something with their stuff. They call it "organizing and de cluttering" or something like that. All it seems to involve as far as I can see is the humans moving things around. Some stuff gets put in bags and put in one place, which the Mami human says will be going to someone called "Charity"... Whoever that is. Other stuff gets put where that stuff was, and so on. I'm not sure what the purpose of this is, but the humans seemed pleased about it. Humans are amused by strange things.

The good thing is that the humans have finally realised how important it is for me to be able to get on to the big bed. So, they've put a special box thing at the bottom of the bed for me to jump on to. It's a solid wooden box that Mami puts stuff in sometimes. She brought it home one day when she was going to somewhere called "colege" and it used to be in the living room. People sat on it sometimes. Anyway, the humans put this box so that I can jump on it and then on to the bed. I guess all the times I made them wake up and help me get up sank in at last. I have been sleeping in my bed sometimes too, but I like the big bed best.

I spent some time this past week watching the birds. I didn't used to watch them, because I had a bad experience with a bird when I was a little puppy, and I'm not a fan of birds. But I decided to try and figure out why the humans liked to watch them so much. I actually kind of enjoyed sitting by the back door watching the birds eating from the bird seed bowl things the humans have put up for them. Only thing is, I had to move to get a proper look, and the stupid birds flew off. The humans were disappointed, because they were just about to grab a camera. But it's not my fault the stupid birds flew away. I only moved my head a bit, that's all.

Mamgu came for walkies with me and Mami on Wednesday. I had a great time making her chase me to get my lead back on. She didn't seem to be enjoying the game though. I wonder why.

OK, the rest of my week was my usual important naps, sniffs, etc. So, since you already know how important they are, I will spare myself the task of explaining. Besides, I haven't checked the garden in a while, so I had better go and do that. Can't check your territory too often, you know?

Licks and sniffs,
Kero

7 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Nice to hear you are able to get up on that big comfortable bed on yoru own! That must of been a tease - that bed sitting there and not having a way to get on it.

Hope you find some neat smells in your garden - maybe you will even find a frog to piddle on.

Licks and sniffs,

Iggy

Punkn said...

It's about time you get those silly humans trained, Kero. Just ignore them as they sort and resort things. In the long run it will be a good thing for you and give them room to bring more doggie pressies home for you.

Tori_z said...

Iggy:
Yes, it was. And there are always lots of good smells outside. That's why I love to go there so much.

Punkn:
These humans are hard to train. Just when I think I've trained them they go and do something they weren't meant to. Stupid humans.

More doggy pressies are always a good thing.

Licks and sniffs,
Kero

The Wife O Riley said...

I'm glad the humans finally realize the importance of the big bed to you. Enjoy it!

MarmiteToasty said...

Kero, you make me laff with the 'licks and sniffs'.... lmfao.... visions now of you with your nuts being washed lol

x

LadyStyx said...

Definitely a good thing to check your territory. You never know who left you a newletter to read on your property ya know. A post-it note here, a letter there...gotta catch up on the gossip.

Tori_z said...

Toasty:
You might need to modify that vision slightly... Kero's been neutered since he was about 7 months old, so he's... er... not fully male, if you know what I mean.