Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday Share: Spring cleaning tips

With all the Spring cleaning going on at this time of year, I'm sure many of you will appreciate hints and tips to help you get the job done quickly and easily. So, this week's Sunday Share is on that theme.

***~***

Best Tips for Spring-Cleaning
By Heloise

Several of the same spring-cleaning questions came up time and again while I was on the radio. So, here are few hints for those who tackle chores with a can-do attitude:

Assemble all of the cleaning supplies and tools you need.

Make a list — either mental or written — of what you want to accomplish. Are you going to clean all of the light plates, windows, and hard surfaces, or tackle the drapes and floors?

If you are the type who likes to clean your home one room at a time, the rule is: Don't leave until you are done! That means you bring all of the cleaning supplies with you, plus several bags or boxes marked "trash," "store away," "goes to another room," and "give away."

Start at the top level of your home and work your way down.

Don't forget some upbeat music!

______

Heloise Hints

9 comments:

LadyStyx said...

I end up breaking up the room in easy to manage sections. This is done simply because there for a while there it was hard to stand too long (my ankles, knees and hihps would give out). Plus, with a bigger project I tend to give up faster than if I can see several little things getting done.

Celticspirit said...

Good tips! I seem to wander around here and there tackling what looks the worst. I don't really mind cleaning at all. If I did I would not be doing it as a second job. Clutter and chaos really bothers me and I like a neat,clean place.

MarmiteToasty said...

Easier not to bother lmfao..... I will Autumn clean :)

The sun is shining and it means OUTSIDE......

x

Tori_z said...

Styxie:
Good plan. :)

Barb:
Great... Then would you like to come help me finish my cleaning, since nobody seems all that eager to help. ;)

Toasty:
LOL! You're nuts!

ChicagoLady said...

Great tips! I'm going to try to get my cleaning done this week in the evenings since. I would really like my house to be all nice and clean for my return from vacation on May 2. I try to do as much as I can in one room before moving on. Although I'm not afraid to actually leave the room, since I'm good at coming back without getting distracted, lol.

Intense Guy said...

I'm with Marmy... I'll just rent a bulldozer someday and shove it all out the front door and start afresh someday!

:)

Tori_z said...

Chicago:
Good luck with the cleaning, and enjoy your vacation. :)

Iggy:
Not the most environmentally friendly way of cleaning. But to each his or her own, I suppose. *Shrugs*

Intense Guy said...

Well... Out the front door right into the yard sale!

Wouldn't want to be thought of as environmentally unfriendly...

Tori_z said...

Iggy:
Much better. :)