Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Sunflower seeds

I had several treats forEaster. A few eggs, a couple of chocolate bunnies, and even a chocolate chicken. But that wasn't all I had.

I also had a little plant pot which came with a packet of sunflower seeds. It was my Easter present from Mam and Dad. It came with some mini eggs, but Mam had added other treats to it as well.

Anyway, today I planted the seeds. There were too many to put them all in the pot, so Mam poked some holes in a plastic tub, and I used that to plant the rest of them in.

I didn't bother to have anyone take a photo for me just yet. But if any of the seeds decide to produce sunflowers, then I will post photos for anyone who's interested in seeing them.

Tori

8 comments:

LadyStyx said...

Looking forward to seeing if the sunflower seeds sprout.

ChicagoLady said...

Very cool! I will be interested to see if you get any sunflowers out of it.

Punkn said...

Sunflowers are my all time favorite flowers! I can't wait to see your smiling face next to one of them!

MarmiteToasty said...

we planted 25 sunflowers yesterday, a mixure of giant yellows and reds....... actually Ive been planting loads of seeds today, even though me greenhouse wont me coming for a few weeks, but I have loads of those little seedtrays with the clear plastic lids, you know, them propagator things lol.....

We have been out in the garden today juggling around whats gonna go where?..... so need to try and pen these chickens in the bottom half of the garden to save me plants lol but I so love them just walking around everywhere lol Im caught between the devil and the deep blue sea :)

x

Intense Guy said...

I love sunny flowers.

I hope yours grow big and tall and sunny!

Tori_z said...

Thanks for the comments all. And, I hope they grow nicely too. :)

Toasty:
Hope your plants all grow nicely, and that you can find a way to keep them safe from the chickens.

AliceKay said...

I hope your sunflowers grow well.

My daughter loves sunflowers. Her kitchen curtains have sunflowers on them, she has dishes and glasses with sunflowers on them, and I bought her matching dish cloths, hand towels, and pot holders with sunflowers on them. Her kitchen is in a sunny spot of the house, too.

Tori_z said...

AK:
Thanks... I hope they do too.

Wow, that's a lot of sunflower themed stuff! Still, at least she's consistant. :)