Monday, April 13, 2009

Wonderings while wandering (AE&D)

My walks with Kero used to be plagued with monsters like the leaf monster. But since I've started to become more used to the noises of the world things like that haven't been such an issue for me. The occasional monster still rears its ugly head, but the "monster issue" is much more under control now. I'll probably never be monster-free, but I'm in control more now, and that's what really matters.

Anyway, since the monsters are more under control, I have more freedom to enjoy my walks. As you might imagine, this results in my being more willing to allow my mind to wander, and in my contemplation of one thing or another while I walk.

My musings vary depending on what I've read on blogs, heard on the radio, read in a book, recently discussed with someone, etc. Sometimes even something that happens during the walk will influence my musings. Like the time - I think it was a couple of weeks back - when I was thinking about beaches while on the walk, because of the seagulls.

Today's musings were based on something I heard on the radio last night.

They currently have a compatition on Real Radio where you can win a family pass to Folly Farm if you can find the answer to a joke or riddle they have a child say. The example in the advert for it is:

Child: What's orange and sounds like a parrot?
Adult: Ummm... A carrot!

However, I spent some time during today's walk with Kero thinking about this, and I've come to the conclusion that carrot, in fact, is not the right answer. It seems to me that the observations of whomever decided on the answer to this are incorrect. I, however, know what the right answer is.

Let me explain...

During a walk someone - I'm not sure who - observed an orange shape not far from them. The shape was almost identical to an over-grown carrot. Only, it was upside-down. This carrot-shaped thing was in a group of other carrot-shaped creatures. Among the group was a parrot who was attempting to teach them English. The carrot-shaped creatures were repeating phrases the parrot was saying to them, and their repetitions sounded almost identical to the parrot's own version. This is where the above riddle must have come from.

However, the observer was mistaken about the situation. You see, things are not always as they seem. And the observer would have realised this had he/she only stopped to talk to one of these creatures.

The above mentioned scene was, of course, an English For Ochas class, which is taught twice a week by a Mr Parrot. And the carrot-shaped creatures were, in fact, Ochas without their stripes on.

Perhaps - if the observer hadn't been so reluctant to get closer - he or she might have realised that Ochas are only carrot-shaped from a distance. Closer observation would have revealed the truth, and would then have saved him/her from the embarrassment of assuming there were upside-down, over-grown, carrot-shaped creatures roaming the streets and attempting to learn English.

You see, this is what happens when people jump to conclusions.

Tori

7 comments:

Intense Guy said...

:)

Mr. Marrot E. Parrot, is of course, the "right" answer, and you, Tori, have won the prize of a free day pass to Folly Farm!

Isn't it odd how appropriately named that petting zoo is? :)

I'm glad the monsters aren't troubling you so much lately Tori. Thats great news! I hope you get to enjoy the petting zoo soon.

Punkn said...

LOL English for OCHAS class. I do believe the blog world is being overtaken by OCHAS. What an imagination! Glad those monsters aren't so bad anymore, Tori. That is great news!

*shakes my head as I move on... English for OCHAS class...*

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

I think i must have missed out on somthing here tori, as what is an "OCHA OR OCHAS "???.

glad to hear the monsters are not bothering you so much now tori, :).

and i to hope you get to the " petting zoo " very soon. :)

ChicagoLady said...

What a revelation! I'm sure it will be all over the newspapers and news shows on the telly in a couple days. And we have you to thank for it, Tori!

LadyStyx said...

LMAO! Love it!

AliceKay said...

You are one smart cookie, Tori. :)

I'm also happy to hear the monsters aren't bothering you as much as they have in the past. *hugs*

Tori_z said...

Thanks everyone (about the monster thing).

Iggy:
Thanks, and YAY me! ;)

Punkn:
Not just the blogging world... Those little Ochas get EVERYWHERE!

Grandma:
You need to be a regular reader of Iggy's blog to understand properly. Maybe you should visit it more often?

Chicago:
Of course it will! It will be in all the papers, on all the news web sites, and on all the news programmes on both the TV and radio. You'll see! ;)

Styxie:
Glad you enjoyed the post. :)

AK:
Thanks. :)