Monday, April 06, 2009

The highlights from the past few days (FD)

On Friday my Mam came to take me to the library to get some new audiobooks to listen to. I've already finished listening to one of them. It was called "Birds In Spring" and was by Evelyn Hood. The story was about a large family living in Scotland at the end of the first world war, and their attempts at finding peace and happiness in their lives after the hardships they'd been through (not all of which were due to the war). A task not helped by one of the main characters (Fiona) who was the spoiled and selfish half-sister of another main character (Alex) and who wanted to phase Alex back out of her life so she could have their father and his money to herself again. It was a good book.

I'm about quarter of the way through the next one (give or take). And I have another two to listen to afterwards.

Anyway, after we got back from the library we had a cup of tea then set to work de cluttering the kitchen. We cleared out out of date and unwanted items, then binned or gave away those items as applicable. The kitchen is - in my opinion - much better for it. At any rate, I can get to things without knocking other things over. That's got to be a good start. :)

Saturday I didn't do much. Mostly I was gathering up items for future posts, listening to the audiobooks, and that sort of thing. I found some more recipes to add to my recipe page. I haven't gotten around to putting them up yet though.

Sunday (yesterday) I went with Mam to pick up Wayne from the drop-off point (he'd been away with the cadets). While we were out we went for some ice-cream since it was such a lovely day. We also ended up picking up a few bits of shopping while we were out. Somehow we ended up being out half the afternoon. LOL!

Today (Monday) has been taken up with house work, blogs, and getting soaked while walking Kero. So, nothing exciting to report there. That's just a typical day for me. LOL!

So, there you have it. The highlights of the past few days. Nothing exciting... Just daily life in all it's boringness.

Hmmm... Is "boringness" even a word? *Shrugs*

Enjoy whatever's left of your day. And... Hugs, thoughts, etc, to all those who need them (be it because of illness, because of depression, or whatever). I hope whatever's getting you down resolves itself soon and/or is replaced by something that will bring you happyness. :)

Tori

7 comments:

Marcy said...

You have such a sweet heart, Tori ... thanks for always posting positive comments on my blog!!!

Enjoy your clean kitchen!!!!

Intense Guy said...

Interesting enough, "boringness" is in the dictionary. :)

I look at my kitchen and think, "wow, Tori would find it a death trap!". I really ought to de clutter it.

AliceKay said...

I've been doing some cleaning out, too. Wish I could do more, but Terri is always making things worse. LOL

ChicagoLady said...

Still too cold here for me to really think about any serious de-cluttering. I did removed three things from my living room yesterday, but all that did was make it glaringly obvious that I need to dust, lol.

Tori_z said...

Marcy:
You're very welcome. :)

Iggy:
Really? LOL! Thanks for finding out for me. :)

Most people's kitchens are like that. Even my own has been most of the time. It only isn't now because I've gotten rid of everything we don't use enough to make it worth keeping.

AK:
I think that's a man thing. Why do you think it's taking me so long to get any progress made with de cluttering? ;)

Chicago:
Well, good luck with it when the weather warms up a bit. :)

LadyStyx said...

*looks around and sees a place in dire need of decluttering*

Tori_z said...

Styxie:
Well, that'll give you something to do while hubby's working. ;)