Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Indoor picnic (FD)

We'd planned to go to Folly Farm today. But the weather last night was awful and it didn't look promising for today. So we decided to literally take a rain check on the trip to Folly Farm.

For those who don't know, Folly Farm is a farm that's open to visitors - especially children - which allows you to pet the animals. Sometimes you even get the oppertunity to bottle feed baby animals such as lambs. They used to give pony rides too (not sure if they still do that now). They also have various activities going on depending on the time of year. Around this time of year, for example, they often have Easter egg hunts and things like that.

Anyway, our intension had been to have a picnic lunch at Folly Farm. We had the food ready and everything. But, since we didn't go, Mam, Jackie and Shireen came down to my place, and we had an indoor picnic instead.




The above photo is of me, Jackie and Shireen enjoying our picnic on the picnic rug in our living room.

We had sandwiches (I had egg, not sure who else had what, but I do know Mam made ham, cheese and egg), we also had cheese and onion pasties, cakes and chocolate biscuits. So, basically, typical picnic foods. ;)



I guess Mam couldn't resist taking an extra photo of me. LOL!

And here's one of Shireen enjoying herself.



As it turned out, the promised rain didn't come. But... *Shrugs*... We all enjoyed our indoor picnic anyway. And none of us is too disappointed at not getting to go to Folly Farm.

For anyone wondering... Mam was behind the camera, hence no photos of her. And Kelly does everything in his power to avoid getting his photo taken, hence no photos of him.

Anyway...

After our picnic lunch Shireen took Kero for a walk. Jackie was a bit anxious about Shireen taking him on her own, but I assured her Shireen would be fine. The walk is very close to my place, and there aren't any roads to cross. Also, Kero knows his way home if there's a problem. Besides, Kero doesn't usually allow anyone other than myself to take him out for more than a couple of minutes. I guess he enjoyed going with Shireen though, because it was her who decided when to turn for home. And - as I had promised - Shireen had an uneventful walk. I knew she would. It's quiet along by the river where I walk Kero, and very safe. That's why I'm using that particular path to get myself used to reading the canes responses. If you know what I mean.

OK, that'll do for today.

Enjoy whatever's left of your day. :)

Tori

6 comments:

ChicagoLady said...

Sounds like you had a very nice afternoon, even if you didn't go to Folly Farm for the picnic.

I always love going to the petting zoos and farms, where you can get hands on with the animals.

Tori_z said...

Chicago:
So do I. And I wouldn't have been bothered about getting wet. But Jackie seemed to be concerned about it. Mam says she'll take me some other time though. :)

LadyStyx said...

We used to have indoor picnics too when I was still living at home. Seems like we'd end up with half the neighborhood there too! Good times.

Intense Guy said...

You look really good in those pictures... relaxed, happy and content, it shows on your face. :)

I love the one with you, Jackie and Shireen in it on the floor getting ready to eat. I don't know if anyone pointed it out to you or not - but in the TV screen there is a reflection of Kero sitting on your sofa watching YOU!

So cool!

Punkn said...

You beat me to it, Iggy! I noticed Kero looking on through the TV screen reflection, too. You guys are having WAY too much fun!

Tori_z said...

Styxie:
Sounds like very great memories to have. :)

Iggy:
Thanks. :)

And, no, nobody pointed it out to me. I'm not sure if they even noticed.

Punkn:
Yep, we all were having fun. :)