Thursday, April 01, 2010

Busyness, weather and Yummies (FD)

WOW! It's April 1st already! I have no idea where the time keeps going! Well, actually I think I do. And I also think it's lucky that I've been setting up posts with reviews in them in advance from time to time, or you'd end up with days at a time with no posts from me! It's because I'm doing so many different things. I mean, between crafts, roleplaying, figure games, outings with Mam, watching movies, reading or listening to books/audiobooks (as applicable), walking the dogs, etc, my day does get filled up pretty quickly. For example, my weekends basically revolve around roleplaying and other club activities. Mondays I spend most of the day doing battle reports or roleplaying write-ups to post on Dad's forum that he has for the club. I ended up doing this because I did it once, everyone thought I did it well, so now everyone just gives me the information required to do this and leaves me to it. It seems I'm the only one in the club with any enthusiasm when it comes to writing. But, I don't mind (if I did I wouldn't do it). Anyway, Tuesdays I'm normally out shopping with Mam, and Fridays Kelly cooks dinner, so I do the prep work for him (sorting veg, putting pies together, etc). The rest of the time is free for me to do as I please pretty much. Although, I do help Dad do laundry. At the moment though my "free" days are filled with reading rules for things, learning what I need to ready for doing the roleplaying campaign I plan to do, listening to the pile of audiobooks I had to listen to (I say "had" because I've almost finished listening to them all) and working on all my craft projects. This is why I keep getting so behind on blogs lately, and being such a bad blogger. Sorry about that! :(

***

Our weather has been really weird over the past couple of days. We've had sun, rain, hail, sleet and snow. The only one of those that's been lasting for more than a few minutes at a time though is the rain, so the snow hasn't been settling at all. It never does when - like these past couple of days - it rains a lot before and after the snow comes.

***

It's gotten that most Thursdays involve take-away. I don't think that's a big deal though, because the rest of the week it is home cooked meals (well, apart from the odd microwave meal, canned soup, etc, had on a Saturday). Quite often I cheat though, because I'll buy a pizza or something from Asda, but we'll cook it at home and I still say it's technically take-away. We had proper take-away today though. We had "Yummies" which is a pizza, kabob, burger, and fried chicken delivery service that's near us. I wasn't all that enthusiastic about the idea at first. I mean, what's a place like that going to have that I'll eat? But I know Kelly loves his pizza, so figured if there wasn't anything I'd either just have fries, or make something at home. As it turned out though, Yummies has a lot for vegetarians. They have salad pockets (salad in pitta bread), veggie burgers, potato wedges, chips (fries), onion rings, garlic bread, and various dips and sauces you can get to go with these things. I figured I'd try their veggie burger with some chips, so we got a meal combo. The one we got was for a 12 inch pizza of your choice, a piece of chicken, any burger, two lots of fries, and a small-ish tub of colslaw. Kelly had the pizza, I had them make the burger a veggie burger and had one of the portions of chips with it (using the colslaw as a dip for the chips), we had the chicken for Kero and Willow to share, and we let Wayne have the other lot of chips. We also had a free 1 & 1/2 litre bottle of pop with that. And all for £16 (about $30, or a bit less). Plus, the veggie burger was... Well, there's no other way to put it... Yummy! ;)

***

I think that basically covers everything I planned on saying today.

So... Enjoy whatever's left of your day, and stay safe! :)

Tori

6 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Yummies sounds ...well pretty yummy!!

:) Sound like you have gotten into a pretty stable routine these days - and life no longer has some of the irritating annoyances that were irking you. Of that I'm very glad.

I hope you have some summer trips planned - will you be going back to the beach?

AliceKay said...

Yummies sounds yummy. Not sure I'd want to try a veggie burger but I know people eat and enjoy them all the time. I'm glad you thought it was yummy. :)

(i'd take the pizza...as long as it was plain cheese pizza)

Toriz said...

Iggy:
I'm not too sure where we'll be going in the Summer just yet. There is a possible plan to go to Dan Yr Ogof caves while my brother is up, since I've never been (but have been nagging to go) and he loves going there. Other than that no real plans have been made for Summer yet.

AK:
You can order any kind of pizza, so, yeah, it can be plain cheese. :)

Wendyburd1 said...

I am so glad they have food you can eat too!!

Toriz said...

Wendy:
I was glad too! :)

LadyStyx said...

Weather's been strange here too. The last few days it's been almost autumnlike. The new leaves on the trees are mostly yellow and on the ground already.