Monday, April 12, 2010

A short summery of the past week (FD)

Last Tuesday I spent practically the entire day catching up on blogs, sorting stuff on my Dad's forum, and doing the write up for the other roleplaying game we played on the weekend. As well as gathering a few bits of information required to make a start on character backgrounds for my characters for various roleplaying campaigns we're playing, or planning to play.

Then, Wednesday, I spent the morning with Elizabeth, spent the afternoon napping, spent part of the evening with Mam, and spent the rest of it sorting e-mails, forum posts and blog posts.

On Thursday I took Kero for an earlier than usual walk, then Kelly and I went in to town for a few hours. We went round some shops, and had dinner out. Nothing fancy, but it made a nice change for it to just be the two of us going out for food. We were going to go to Swansea, but it was a warm day, and neither of us felt like sitting on a bus for that length of time on a day like that. Then I came home, called the doctor about my test results, went outside with the dogs for a bit, then took a nap. After which I had a sandwich, fiddled on the laptop for a little while, then watched TV with Kelly. I had a load of other things I'd planned to do, but I just couldn't get motivated to do them. So, I didn't do those things. There will be a review of the movie I watched with Kelly soon.

Friday was another beautiful day! Wayne and I walked the dogs, then I went to sit back outside in my thinking spot. I didn't get much thinking done though, because Wayne decided to come out and join me. So, as it turned out, I spent the morning sat on the swing seat - sometimes on my own, sometimes with one or the other of the dogs - while talking to Wayne. Then I put some laundry on, had lunch, went online for a bit, took a nap (sleep pattern's screwed up again, and the sudden increase in temperatures isn't helping) and I got up just in time for dinner. Dad cooked. He doesn't cook often. Not because he can't, because he's a great cook, he just doesn't bother. Mainly because he does the cleaning after everyone else has cooked, so he doesn't see why he should then also cook. But on Friday he did cook. He made a vegetable stir fry for himself, Nan and I. Kelly fixed himself food, because he wont eat things like that, and Mam and Wayne were having some mother son time down the flat. That's why Dad was only cooking for three of us. Anyway, after dinner I fed Kero (Willow was with Mam and Wayne), then I talked to Dad for a bit. After that I went around and made sure I was caught up on forum and blog posts. Then I read through a couple of things I needed to read ready for creating character backgrounds for my roleplaying characters. After that I had supper, listened to part of an audiobook I've been listening to a little each night, then I went to bed.

On Saturday it was another beautiful day. I woke up about 6:00 am, then sat outside with my cup of tea for about an hour and a half while Kero wandered around the garden. Then I came indoors for a couple of hours. After that, I fed Kero, then I went back outside for a while until it was time for Kero's walk. Kelly came for the walk with us. Once we were back I just went for a nap, since the combination of the warm weather and the 6:00 am wake up, after only falling asleep about 2:30 am, meant I was really tired and sleepy. I honestly don't remember what I did between when I got up from the nap and dinner time, but I know we had our usual roleplaying session in the evening. And, as usual, by the time roleplaying was over it was time for everyone to be going to bed.

Yesterday (Sunday) was another beautiful day! I spent most of the morning out in the back garden with Kero, and the rest of it walking him. I was meant to have spent the afternoon at gaming club, but with my once again messed up sleeping pattern, and the heat, I was just too tired. So, when Dad and Kelly left for club, I went to bed. Woke up about an hour later for a pee, went back to bed, and slept another two hours. And yet, I was still in bed by 11:00 pm. Unfortunately, I was then up by 4:00 am next morning. *Sigh*


As for today (Monday). Well, the sun was still shining, but this time I wasn't able to enjoy the day. Why? Because I made a call first thing in the morning, the person was meant to call me back, and after I spent the entire day waiting for the call... NOTHING! I'm rather annoyed about it actually. Mostly because the person didn't call back at all, but also partly because I was told it was important that I called, so I did. And I was then told I'd be called back right away, which I wasn't. If you can't call back right away, fine. But don't tell people you can if you can't... Or, if you don't intend to. Anyway, I did pop out to Asda for a bit with Mam, and I've just gotten back, but I waited until well after closing time for the office the person is from before going anywhere. The office closes about 5:00 pm, and I didn't leave the house until after 6:00 pm. And if they had tried to call while I was out then I'd have been told by either Nan, Kelly, or Wayne. All three of whom were here while I was out (and Kelly could have dealt with the call instead of me, anyway). So, what it all boils down to is that I spent the entire day doing pretty much sod all, and for what? For nothing, that's what!


Right, that's it, I've had it for the day. I've been up since 4:00 am, and I'm knackered, and going to bed! Before I go though... Sorry I've not been around the blogs, and sorry that I wont be around for a few days. I have posts set up for the next few days, and will catch up with comments - and, of course, with your blog posts - as soon as I can!


Enjoy whatever's left of your day, and stay safe! :)

Tori

4 comments:

AliceKay said...

I've had a few days like that....waiting for a phone call that never came. Very annoying when there are other things that could be done if you didn't have to sit around waiting for a phone call.

I hope you can get your sleep pattern back in rhythm soon. *hugs*

Intense Guy said...

Sounds so nice, to sit in the garden on the swing and just mellow out in the warmth - and follow that up with walkies with Kero... sounds like a perfect day.

Toriz said...

AK:
Exactly! And the phone call STILL hasn't come... So, now I'm going to have to call them back... AGAIN!

Iggy:
Yes, it was nice. :)

LadyStyx said...

oh I SO hate playing phonetag.