Wednesday, April 14, 2010

"Where is she then?"

On weekends my Dad likes to have a lie in. No problem, but my system doesn't seem to recognise the idea as being an option. Besides, my sleep pattern is usually screwed up anyway. Because of this, I usually get up early. So, my Dad asks me to grab Willow on my way downstairs, that way she doesn't wake him. No problem there either. I open the door, I call her name softly, and she gets up, shakes herself, and slowly plods out of the bedroom. She then has another good shake. After which she is ready to follow me downstairs. That's how it usually works on weekends. Except for this week. This week was different.


I opened the door, called Willow's name, and... Nothing!

So, I called her again... Nothing!


I called her again... Still nothing.

It was just starting to register with me that she wasn't going to come, and that there was a valid and good reason for it - if I could just remember what it was - when Dad woke up.

Dad: "Willow's not here."
Me: (sounding confused) "She isn't?"
Dad: "No."
Me: "Where is she?"
Dad: "With your Mum."
Me: (sounding more confused) "Huh?"
Dad: "You know? Mum, Wayne, Willow, flat!"

It was then that realisation finally dawned on me, and I realised that the real reason that Willow wasn't coming was because she wasn't there. Mam and Wayne were at the flat from Friday to Sunday, and they took Willow with them. I did know about this, but it seems I forgot.

Tori

6 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Awww... Freud would say that deep down you just love Willow bunches and were in denial that she wasn't around...

:)

Celticspirit said...

Ooopss! Hope your Dad didn't get too upset at getting woken up.

AliceKay said...

I get forgetful from time to time too. :)

Deanna said...

The big question is... will you forget when Willow returns! I have days like that too. You are too funny.

Toriz said...

Iggy:
LOL! Yeah, that's a possibility. ;)

Barb:
Luckily, Dad managed to get back to sleep really quickly, so he wasn't upset. Instead, he spent all weekend teasing me about it.

Toriz said...

AK:
Glad it's not just me. ;)

Deanna:
We'll find out this weekend. LOL!