Sunday, April 11, 2010

To The Hilt

By Dick Francis

"From the acclaimed master of mystery and suspense comes the story of a self-imposed outcast who must refresh his detection skills in order to save himself and his family."

"Alexander Kinloch lives in an unelectrified bothy in the Scottish mountains, supporting himself through his paintings. Al's keen visual sense allows him to draw the faces of the four thugs who beat him and tear apart his home in the opening chapter. "Where is it?" they demand, establishing the leitmotif of concealed objects that Francis weaves through the plot. Hard on the beating, Al must rush to London to comfort his mother in the aftermath of her husband's heart attack. Al learns that his stepfather's brewery is about to collapse because the finance director has absconded with millions of pounds. In desperation, the business affairs of the brewery are turned over to Al, though he pines for solitude, his easel and the mountains."

(Above taken from here).

This was a really great book! :)

Tori

4 comments:

AliceKay said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

Deanna said...

I enjoy your reviews. It sounds very interesting.

Hope you are doing good these days!

Intense Guy said...

I have enjoyed reading all the Dick Francis books!

I just like his characters.

Toriz said...

AK & Deanna:
I'm glad you enjoy my reviews. :)

Iggy:I figured you probably did, because of where this book came from. You have excellent taste in books my friend! :)