Friday, April 23, 2010

Kero's korner: poor puppy (AED)

Hi humans, it's Kero here.

The weather is still staying nice, but I'm not enjoying it as much as I should be - despite all the great walkies, and all the times spent in the garden with Mami and Mamgu - because I've not been feeling 100% this past week. Mami thinks it's a stress thing, since I do get stressed easily. Anyway, I've been pulling my fur out in clumps until my skin is showing and really sore, and I even made my side bleed the other day. Mami's been putting cream on it. I hate when she does that... Cream is cold, and wet, and stings! Mami says if I'd quit biting at myself then she'd quit putting cream on, but I just can't help it! I try to stop, but I just can't stop myself! Mamgu has special doggy shampoo, so Mami says she's going to bath me with it to relieve the itching. She also says she's going to keep my groomer appointment so I get another bath in a couple of weeks, and so the groomer can cut my fur short. She says if I still don't stop biting at myself after that then it's back to the vet for me. I hope that doesn't happen... I hate vets even more than I hate that cream! But Mami says it is possible that rather than stress it's actually just the common Westie health problem... Skin problems. Apparently, us West Highland White Terriers are prone to skin problems. The vet did actually tell Mami recently that he was surprised I didn't have skin problems yet. Both Mami and I are hoping it's not that though, because it would mean regular treatments - probably daily - with creams, ointments and such for the rest of my life. And I REALLY don't like that idea!

Mami says she's going to get our lunchtime stuff sorted now, so I'll let this do for this week.

Licks and sniffs,
Kero

4 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Licks (except where the nasty cream is) and sniffs (especially where the nasty cram is) Kero!

Goodness, you are mess. I bet you just don't understand why your humans are packing boxes with their things and making signs like they are going to leave you behind when they move.

Honest injun Kero, they would NEVER ever leave you behind. Remember Daisy and that other place you lived at with the garden out back? You are going back there and you and Willow will surely be visiting each other every now and then. It's going to be alright... now come here while I give you a nice long soothing belly rub.

Your pal, Iggy

Toriz said...

Kero said...

Iggy:
They keep saying something like that, but I'm having trouble believing it. They even packed some of my stuff, but I'm still not convinced I'm going with them.

Licks and sniffs,
Kero

AliceKay said...

Aww....hope you're feeling better soon.

Toriz said...

Kero said...

Thank you, AK!

Licks and sniffs,
Kero