Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Haunting in Connecticut

"The Haunting in Connecticut is a 2009 psychological supernatural horror film based on the allegedly true story of a paranormal event in Connecticut.

Set in 1987, the story centers on Matthew Campbell, who is being treated for Hodgkins lymphoma in a hospital in Upstate Connecticut. After seeing the effect the long commute has on Matt, his family rents a nearby house, which they learn was previously a funeral home. They discover a mortuary room in the basement and the family begins experiencing violent and supernatural events that the parents initially blame on stress and hallucinations from Matt's treatment."

(Above taken from here).

This wasn't too bad of a movie. I watched it with Wayne recently, and he loved it. As for me? Well, I wasn't quite as impressed. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a bad movie, but it wasn't really my cup of tea, so to speak. Actually, I only watched the whole thing because Wayne was watching it too, and enjoying it, and we were in my bedroom watching it on my TV. I figured turning the TV off and going to bed would be a bit mean when he'd been dying to watch it, so I let him watch it all before turning the TV off and sending him out of my room so I could go to bed.

Tori

5 comments:

AliceKay said...

It's not my kind of movie but I'm glad Wayne enjoyed it. That was nice of you to let him finishing watching it before turning off the tv. :)

Celticspirit said...

I thought the movie was pretty good. I saw the one you saw plus a documentary version of the film. They changed a lot of stuff in the movie that did not seem to happen in the documentary. I guess that's the way it usually happens.

Wendyburd1 said...

It is an okay movie, I wanted more personally. But I like the actor, he has been in shows like Veronica Mars, etc.

Intense Guy said...

*perks*

Did someone say Veronica Mars? :)

Toriz said...

AK:
Well, I did promise he could watch it. And it's not his fault I didn't enjoy it that much.

Barb:
Yes, that's usually how it works.

Wendy:
Yeah, it's a great plot idea, but... *Shrugs*... I guess it needs some work?


Iggy:
LOL!