Friday, May 28, 2010

Kero's korner: My birthday weekend (FD)

Hi humans, it's Kero here!



Yes, that's my birthday card in the above photo. After all - as you all should already know, since Mami did a post on the day - Sunday was my 6th birthday. And, of course, I had a birthday card.

Most of my presents I'd had early, and I posted about them recently... The toys from Mamgu... But I did have an extra special present that Mami and Dadi had kept aside for my birthday. A big rawhide bone... My most favourite treat in the whole world! Well, other than cheese.

Here I am getting my present:





It was a great birthday weekend!

On Saturday morning I saw my pal Bella while out on walkies, and our humans gave us some time together. Bella is a long haired Chihuahua who lives near by. Her human fosters animals for the RSPCA (Royal Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) when they need a home for a while and nobody is available to give them one. She's told Mami that if I ever need someone to look after me because Mami is sick, then we should see her, and she'll take care of me. Especially since me and Bella get on really well together. But, I'm getting side-tracked... So, I should get back to what I was saying... That's right, Saturday!


After the walkies, Mami spoke to Mamgu on the phone, and then started packing stuff in to bags. I was worried at first, but then I saw my bowl going in the bags, so I knew I must be going to wherever they were going. Mami did say something about somewhere called "the beach" but I wasn't too sure what it was. I know Willow went there, but she was so excited when telling me about it that I didn't really understand. But trips out to places where we need the picnic mat and my bowl are usually fun, so I was eager to go, and happily got in the car when Mamgu showed up to get us. I started getting bored after a bit, but finally we got to a car park, and got out of the car, grabbing the picnic stuff as we went.

That beach place is a strange place. Your paws sink in to the ground, and water chases you if you get close to it. But it was great fun! Well, apart from when Mami and Mamgu tried to persuade me that the water wasn't so bad... I DID NOT like that part! I climbed up Mami so the water couldn't get me. I think I cut her leg and near her mouth when doing it. I didn't mean to, I was just so desperate to get away from the water... That water is scary! I mean, regular water is bad enough, but water that chases you? That's the stuff of nightmares in my opinion! Mami and Mamgu didn't seem to agree though, and spent ages, and ages, and ages playing in it while I stayed on that "sand" stuff with Dadi.

After the beach, we went somewhere where we sat on the grass to eat ice-cream, then went home.

The first thing that happened after we got home wasn't nice... Mami bathed me! She said she, "had to," for some reason... Something about salt and sand? I don't care though, I wasn't happy about it! I howled, and howled! Then - finally - it was over, and Mami dried me.

After bath time was over though, Dadi made me a special dinner. It was technically my special birthday dinner, but since we were up at Willow's house for my birthday, well, they let me have it early. It was sausage and bacon with grated cheese. I was very pleased to get that, and I ate it all up. I often don't eat all my dinner, but things like that I eat right away. The cheese especially I absolutely love! The rest is just an added bonus.

On Sunday morning I had the bone shown in the photos above, and they let me have some time with it before we went to Willow's house. I was meant to have had a lamb dinner with Willow, but I was too hot to eat, so Mami had Mamgu put it in a bag to bring home for me. So, after Mami and I spent the afternoon there - and Dadi went off to the gaming club with Dadci - we came home, I had my dinner, and we watched some TV before going to bed. And while we watched TV, I chewed on my bone some more. It's a great bone!

Yep, it was a great birthday weekend!

Also, yesterday, Me and my humans were watching TV, and one of Daisy's humans knocked on the door. Mami and I weren't sure what for, and Dadi went somewhere with them. Then Dadi came back with ice-creams for us all! Daisy and Poppy's humans brought me an ice-cream from the ice-cream man as a late birthday present. It was a really big ice-cream! I loved it! They also brought one each for Mami and Dadi, which were just as big as mine.

I had a great birthday this year!

Licks, sniffs, and tail wags,
Kero

7 comments:

AliceKay said...

Aww...sounds like you had a great birthday, Kero. Sorry you didn't like the beach as much as us humans do, tho. (i love the beach)

By the way, that rawhide looks almost as big as you. :)

Have a great weekend and a great week next week.

Intense Guy said...

LOL! I'll have to look to see if they make Cheese bones for you Kero!

I hope you don't have nightmares about dog chasing water - that sounds like a bad 3-d science fiction movie out of the 1950's.. (and way before your time).

So, how long and how loud can you howl Kero? I think you should practice that - maybe you can set a record?

Your pal Iggy

Rita said...

Trip in the car, giant bone, cheese, ice cream, and great company...sounds like the best birthday a dog could have! :)

Deanna said...

I want icecream tooooooo!!!!! It sounds like a wonderful birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KERO!

MarmiteToasty said...

Dam, that dog is more spoilt then anyone I know :)

HOPPY BIRDIE TWO EWE Kero..

x

Toriz said...

Toasty:
Yeah... Sometimes I'd like to switch places with him!

Toriz said...

Kero said...

AK:
Yeah, the rawhide is almost as big as me. Isn't that great?

I liked the beach, the sand was just strange, and the water that chases you was scary!

Iggy:
Mmm! Cheese bones? Now those would be fantastic!

So far I haven't been kept awake by nightmares like that. I hope it stays that way!

I can howl loud enough to be heard the equivellent of what you over there call a "block" away. And I can howl for as long as I choose to. I once howled on and off for three hours. For some reason, the humans weren't happy about that.

Rita:
Yeah! It was a great birthday!

Deanna:
Thanks... Yeah, it was!

Toasty:
Thank you!

Licks and sniffs,
Kero