Friday, May 21, 2010

Kero's korner: Sunshine, strolls and such

Hi humans, it's Kero here.


Sorry my post is so late today, but it's been a really nice day, and Mami and I have been outside enjoying it most of the day. We could have taken the laptop outside for me to do my post from there - since we have that no wire internet thingy with it now - but we decided we would rather just leave it until the evening. So, we sat outside together (I even sat on the swingseat with Mami for a while), went for a few walks by the river, and generally just enjoyed being able to be outside without getting cold, wet, or both cold and wet.

Most of my week hasn't been that eventful. Uncle Wayne did show up on Saturday though, and he stayed for a long time. That was about the most interesting part of last weekend though.

Monday and Tuesday were pretty quiet, but on Wednesday a man that smelled of cats came. I don't really understand why he was here, but he had some things he was showing Mami, Dadi, and Mamgu, and he let me sniff some of them. He also said I was an adorable dog. Actually, that was almost the first thing he said when he walked in the door and saw me. I was pleased with that, so I stopped barking right away, and decided I liked him. After all, anyone who appreciates adorable dogs like me so much that we are the first thing they notice, well, anyone like that can't be that bad. Besides, Mami, Dadi, and Mamgu, all seemed pleased to see him, so he was obviously allowed to come in to our house.

Most of the rest of this past week has involved walkies, playing with Daisy and Poppy, and also my attempts at trying to make a trip to town. I was taking myself, but apparently that was a bad thing to do. The first time I tried it, Daisy's human came, grabbed me, and carried me home. And the second time it was my Dadi that came and grabbed me, then carried me home. I don't know why, but both times I got shut indoors for a while, even though Daisy and Poppy were still allowed out. That's so unfair! I only wanted to go in to town for a bit. I mean, I haven't been in to town for a while now.

OK, I just remembered about a tasty chew I hid, so I'm going to go chew on that.

Licks and sniffs,
Kero

5 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Hmmm... Kero, you need to work out this "walk into town" thing. Just what are you walking there for? Are you just out to promenade and strut your (hot) stuff for the lady doggies to see or maybe you are going there to buy treats for Daisy (you old flirt you)?

Hmm.... how can we help you tell us? I'm sure someone would love to take you on a walk to town - us humans can be a bit compulsive when it comes to scheduling things... it's just something we feel like we have to do - too often.

Ear noogies and belly rubs,

Iggy

Toriz said...

Kero said...


Iggy:
I just love walkies. Besides, town is where sausage rolls, chicken, and cheese come from.

Licks and sniffs,
Kero

AliceKay said...

Oh, so THAT'S why you want to go to town. I don't blame you, Kero, but for safety's sake, staying with a human might be a good idea.(they might want some of those goodies too)

Have a great weekend, you adorable dog you. :)

LadyStyx said...

Alice is right, for safety's sake, it's a good idea to have a human guard with you. Not every human is as good as those that you live with, you know. A cute pooch like you could easily get doggienapped without a guard!!

Toriz said...

Kero said...

Thanks for the advice. I will try to remember it, but I can't promise. The treats I know await me in town are just too tempting sometimes.

Licks and sniffs,
Kero