Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wet Wednesday (a bit R/WP)

I'm tired, and trying to avoid taking a nap. If I nap now, I know I'll have a bad night. I'm tired though, because I had a bad night, and I couldn't nap earlier, because we had a visitor. I'll explain about the visitor tomorrow in that post I keep promising. The lack of sleep wasn't due to him coming though (despite the fact he was "meant to" be coming in the morning, but actually came about lunch time, so I had to be up early). No, it was something else that stopped me sleeping. Or, rather, someone else. Someone who decided it would be nice to visit Eleri just after 1:00 am this morning, when she was sleeping. Neither of us are impressed with him for that, since his visit meant that we both had hardly any sleep last night. In my case due to him waking me up while standing outside of my bedroom window shouting at Eleri to wake up. I wouldn't mind so much, but when I get woken up it usually takes some time to get back to sleep. Plus, you all know how much trouble I keep having with sleeping, so when I'm actually asleep I'm never impressed if anyone wakes me up before I need to be up. Especially when I was actually sleeping at the right time. I really am tired though. And I have a headache. Although, I'm not sure if that one is due to tiredness, or due to my head's encounter with my desk earlier when I dropped something and needed to pick it up. Don't worry though, my head is getting used to that kind of treatment. I don't even remember to say, "ouch," most times now. Besides, if I said it every time I hit my head on something, I'd be spending an awful lot of my time saying it, and things like that do tend to get a litttle bit boring after a bit. ;)

The rain is back. But, hey, we had two really nice days in a row, so what do you expect? I mean, this is Wales, after all! Land of sheep, daffodils, dragons, leeks, and rain! LOL!

Is it a bad thing that I was able to recognise most of the cartoons on that site I posted a link to on Monday? And that I was able to remember at least parts of most of the theme tunes for said cartoons? Oh, I don't care! I do recognise mostof them, and I do remember most of the theme tunes (well, parts of them). I also remember owning some various toys and/or teddies for some of those cartoons. In fact, I'm sure at least some of them are among the bags and boxes of old things of mine that are in the attic at my parents' place.

My Mam was here today, because she wanted to be here when the visitor came. She had her gameboy with her, and was playing one of the newer Pokemon games. So, naturally, a large part of the day was spent discussing Pokemon breeding and evolution (Pokemon evolution, not evolution in general, though that might make for an interesting discussion).

My shark pen turns out to actually be a whale pen. Looks shark shaped to me. Not that I'm an expert, since I haven't really met many sharks. I did see one in a tank at an aquarium one time though. I never took the time to get to know him mind you. Maybe I should have? I mean, he might have been a nice shark... You never know. I mean, there's no good reason why he wouldn't have been a nice shark. Or, was it a she shark? I didn't really take the time to find that out either. Sounds about right though, I mean, I'm a human, and we humans are terrible for not taking the time to do some things, then wishing we had afterwards.

It was Lainie's birthday yesterday, if I'm not mistaken. So, "belated happy birthday, Lainie!"

I put up a couple of book reviews earlier, if you're interested.

10 comments:

Celticspirit said...

Your mystery guest sounds intriguing. I won't be able to sleep until I find out who it was. ;)

Rita said...

Hummm? Mystery guest....?? :)

Sleep and I have our good and bad times, too. I am always thrilled when I can sleep during normal hours--and when I can sleep well (that's getting up every 2.5-3 hours instead of every 1-1.5--or not at all). I can relate to the struggle. :)

I hope your headache went away. Sounds like a pretty nice day otherwise. :)

Deanna said...

It is never good to be woken up when it is not time. Hope you got some good sleep when you finally went to sleep.

Can't wait to hear more about your mystery guest.

AliceKay said...

I can't wait to hear about your mystery guest either. And I'm a little curious as to who the "him" was who woke you and Eleri up and why. I think I missed something there.

Sleep is sometimes hard to come by, for a variety of reasons. I hope you can get some sleep tonight.

*hugs*

Toriz said...

I'm going to do the rounds on the blogs, then I'll put you all out of your misery about my mystery guest. ;)

AK:
Eleri's boyfriend, but I didn't mention that before, so you didn't just miss it.

Toriz said...

Oh, and Rita:
Yeah, my headache went away. I'm pretty sure it was tiredness.

Intense Guy said...

I can't wait to hear about your mystery guest either. :)

And yes, you should take the time to visit sharks and whales. A shark might enjoy it if you gave it a nice flossing. Those teeth of theirs probably never get really tidy.

Sorry Eleri's "boyfriend" (I have to put it in quotes) is pestering everyone no matter what the hour.

While you are knitting, maybe you could make yourself a 'protective' cap to wear?

Your must have a lumpy head now... :) *hugs*

Toriz said...

Iggy:
I'll remember to offer to help the next shark I see to floss. ;)

Don't think I haven't considered that. I think it's too late though. I think I knocked all the sense I had in there out already, so I can't do much more damage. LOL!

LadyStyx said...

I never sleep well either. Hardest part is when we're on nights (like we have been the last 7 months or so) and people insist on calling during our sleep shift. *ugh* Cured one friend of it quick. Called them back at 2am or so. Hey, it was MY noontime!! Point was gotten and now emails are left to "please call when you get vertical and have had your medicines".

Toriz said...

LOL! Good one Styxie!